Thursday, December 01, 2005

Counting points?

What does that mean? Does that mean that I should actually monitor the intake of food that goes into my mouth? Hmmmmm....

Anyway, on that note, dinner last night was good. Eric's family showed up a little later than they were planning, but that just gave me more time to do the cooking. I think I seriously used every pot/pan that I could. Even made Eric wash one so I could use it again to make more food!

So here were my boneheaded moves of the night:
1. I put the oven on "broil" instead of "bake" to cook the Naan. Needles to say, it did not turn out as well as expected... I figured it out when I took the last of it out of the oven.
2. For the Saffron rice, somehow I thought the rice was basmati in my jar on the counter. Wrong, it was Brown rice... took FOREVER to cook, and I could not figure out why, as it was only supposed to take 10 minutes or so! At least everyone was gone taking Chris to the airport, and it was not a big deal.

I got a call from a recruiter last night as I was doing all of my dinner cooking - I guess there is a company looking for an Industrial Hygienist. Never hurts to look, and if there is less travel, even bigger bonus!

Speaking of travel, I am off to Chicago for the night - I have training I have to do tomorrow. The good part is I get to fly instead of having to drive. Somehow I found a round-trip flight on Monday, for Thursday, to O'Hare, for $168. Yep, instead of 14 quality hours in my vehicle, I am getting on an airplane!

On that note, I need to pack, leave a note for the housecleaner, and get my rear to the office to prepare for my annual review, go to downtown Mpls for a meeting with our environmental guy, have lunch with my eyeglass vendor, and get to the airport....

a-

No comments: