Friday, December 23, 2005

Rock Star...

Or so I just want to call myself one!

It's been a good week for me. Hard to believe it's Christmas already - so here are some of the successes:
  • Out to lunch on Monday - I was doing some training, and it was a quick lunch break - I had soup and crackers. Did not get the tuna melt I was thinking, and the soup was plenty.
  • Picked up, and then put back the cheese popcorn I was going to get for driving snacks on Monday evening
  • Exercised like a fiend on Tuesday, 20+ miles on the bike, 1.5 then on the treadmill, making 1 hour and 18 minutes of exercise.
  • Made two batches of banana bread on Tuesday evening. Did not lick any batter, or have any of the warm bread - it was for gifts!
  • Was starving on Wednesday, but still made somewhat healthy choices for dinner out - and stopped when I got full, instead of stuffing myself.
  • Thursday, I got up at 6am, in the hotel, and exercised. Avoided the popcorn in the back of the room that was brought in for afternon snacks. Actually talked myself into putting down the bowl I was about to fill, and walked away. Drank more water, and had a piece of gum instead.
  • Stopped by my mom's on Thursday afternoon to pick up a recipe, and my sister and nieces were making cutout cookies. Looked at the cookies, considered picking one up, and decided I was not hungry.
  • Thursday night. Made two batches of biscotti, a pecan-pumpkin pie, and a coconut pie. Did not eat any, did not lick any batter.

It's kind of like I am back in control again! Not sure what changed in my mind, but I am not complaining.

So, I asked Eric to go to the store last night, because I thought we had another dozen eggs, but it turns out there were two partial cartons in the fridge... I did not have enough eggs to make the pies and the biscotti... I wrote on the list - "large eggs" so he comes home with JUMBO eggs. Argh. Let me tell you there is a lot more egg in a jumbo egg. In showing Eric the difference between the Large and the Jumbo, he laughs, and says that it's a guy thing. Why go large when you can go Jumbo! It worked out - I used 5 of the jumbo eggs in my second batch of biscotti, instead of the 6 it called for.

It was a good evening though. I got through all of the mail that was on the dining room table, paid bills, balanced checkbooks, cleaned up the kitchen, organized some paperwork, and in general got some de-cluttering done. Eric made some great strides into picking up and straightening the basement, which I am thrilled about, since it has been such a disaster for so long, and I want to have the house organized and "spotless" for our party in January. I realize that is a month away, but the house is just that bad, to my opinion... plus we are having family over on the 27th, and, well, every bit helps.

Well, I need to get some projects finished here at work.

Here's to another stellar day!

-a

No comments: