Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Now that I've gotten that out of my system

Me update!

Computer at home is having virus/spyware issues, and I cannot launch the interenet without my anti-spyware and the hijacker for my homepage fighting it out and just freezing up the whole computer. I hate that my DH visits all sorts of sites willy-nilly, then can't figure out why the 'puter is not working properly. Last time we had a techie look at it there were 57 viruses on the computer. 57... bleah!

So I went to weigh in on Saturday, expecting to have a major gain, because I had stepped on the scale that morning, and it said that I was up 6 lbs from the day before. How on earth can you go up 6 lbs in one day (yes I know I should stop scale-hopping... it's a sickness I am just not willing to battle at this point), so instead of totally skipping the meeting, I went to the Y and did 45 minutes on the treadmill. 500 calories burned, according to the computer... then went to shower and discovered that I had forgotten a towel. I thought the WW folks would appreciate it if I did not smell, so I used my t-shirt to dry off, then panicked since I thought I was late for the meeting, again. They changed the times about six months ago, but old habbits die hard. Rush in to the meeting center, to be greeted by.... an empty room. I was about half an hour early for the meeting. It gave me a chance to chat with Corky, and dry my hair a bit more before facing the scale. Now can I say I really hate the new system. You don't know what you weigh until they paste the little sticker in your book and then work up the courage to look at it. To my shock and suprise, I was down 1.4 pounds!

Looked at the scale the next morning, and the tarre on it had been bumped, and it was reading 5 pounds with nobody standing on it. Mystery of unexplained weight gain solved. Happy to say that it did not make me skip the exercise, or the meeting, and it actually had motivated me....

My work Christmas party was Saturday evening, and I did very well - I figured I used only two of my flex points, and I still had some desert. And only one glass of wine - they were stinkin' expensive!

I also conquered some of the travel munchies yesterday. I did not go into the gas station when I needed to fuel, but rather, drove over to the super Wal-Mart to find something healthier. Looked at a number of different food labels, really wanted some of the WW snack cakes, but all they had were the 3-point chocolate muffins. Wanted the 1-point snack cakes, so kept looking. Had a bag of cut-up broccoli, cauliflower and mini-carrots in the basket along with some hummus. Picked up a bag of cheese popcorn. Walked a bit, talked to myself, took out the bag of cheese popcorn. Grabbed some flavored water. Checked out. BING - Success... did not really want/need the cheese popcorn, the hummus and veggies were plenty!

Seems like Stella's back in the groove again. (Stealing a line from Corky...) I want to look hot in my red dress for the cruise in February. I want to get back into my size 1o pants again. Hell, I WANT to get back into my 8's, but at this point I will aim for the 1o's. I will make it through Christmas. The whole point is to get together with family. I can have one cookie. I do not need 13!

Anyhoo, enough pep talk, time to get into the game!

Thanks for listening.
Anneke

No comments: