Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Sometimes Hotel exercise rooms

JUST SUCK!

I was all psyched yesterday to go down in the morning to ride the bike and read my book club book. Yeah, like I expected greatness from the small-town hotel that I think bought second-hand exercise equipment that is meant for home use, so they can advertise that they have an exercise room as an amenity. The recumbant bike's pedals did not move. The Schwinn Aerodyne (yes, they have one there) had a huge hesitation at the top of each foot stroke.

I got on the treadmill. No key. Have to go to the front desk to get the key. He also hands me a remote. I tell him I don't need it, I have my digital music player. Go back to treadmill. Oddly, there seems to be no TV in the room, why was the desk clerk handing me a remote? Start the treadmill, can't seem to figure out how fast I am going, the light said KPS or Mets... figured I would walk and read. Tried to bump up the speed, not sure what it did, but did not seem to speed up. Tired to up the incline to perhaps get more of a workout.... it was reading 1.5, but when I had tried to lower the incline, it beeped at me. Tried putting it to 2.5, it made a odd and scary clunking noise and lurched... decided to not take my chances. So.... ended up with a leisurly walk on the treadmill, reading my book for half an hour. I was not taking any chances on the stair-climber after that.

The positive about this is that I acutally did exercise yesterday morning.

No comments: