Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Stuff and nonsense

It was a grand Christmas. Although I think I ate too much, and did not get my rear out of the house to exercise, it was fun.

I won the prize for most gifts again this year. I think people must like me or something. I got a great watercolor picture from my parents of Calla Lillies. They are red, and amazingly enough, I believe they will go very well with the color we are planning on painting the accent wall that runs through the dining room and living room. Both my stepson and my husband bought me the same gift: Season 4 of Alias, so I will be returning one of the copies. I think I will look at getting a DVR, since I still have some money left on the gift card that I won earlier this year at Best Buy (where, in fact BOTH of them purchased the DVD sets, on the same day...) . And my sister and brother-in-law got us an automatic litter box!

I went to my WW meeting on Saturday morning. Was down .2 pounds. Kind of disappointing, but there are several reasons - I have been going to weigh in every other week, so this was just one week, I had gone out for Thi food the night before, and there was a bit of sodium, plus the fact that I did not work out like a fiend before WI. I realize I have had two days of not counting points, but I think I did okay with food. I never stuffed myself to the point of being uncomfortable, didn't drink a lot, and made a pretty good effort at avioding the cookie tray.

The main reason I did not exercise, is that I was keeping myself busy with a project - I am making myself a fancy party dress. I spent quite a bit of time on Christmas day cutting out all of the fabric, and Mom and I worked on putting together the bodice. It is the red dress in the photo. Two pieces, a fitted, lined, boned bodice and a very full skirt. I don't know that I would have been able to do it myself, and have it look as good as it does. I will have to make sure to take pictures of me in the dress!

I don't think Eric was very happy with me though - we stayed at my parent's house much longer than he wanted to. I think, in hindsight, I should have sent him home on Sunday - when he could have cought a ride with his sister. He spent a lot of time watching TV yesterday while mom and I putzed. And, he was not talking to me in the car on the way home yesterday afternoon/evening. I just left him alone, and read my book with my keychain flashlight. Not much you can do when they won't even talk to you! I do think he forgave me. I let him get the outrageous pizza he wanted at Papa Murphy's last night, even though it is something I was not going to eat, since it had beef in it. I got myself something he would never eat too... the Gourmet veggie pizza - YUM.... Spinach, artichokes, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatos, onions.... MMMMMMM.

Well, maybe more later, I gotta hop on a conference call.

Ta!
~a

No comments: