Monday, December 12, 2005

It's going to be a long day

So much to do, so little time, it always seems...

I have my annual obgyn appointment this afternoon. Of course I forgot the paperwork they sent for me to fill out in advance at home, so I need to go home and do that. And I really want to go home and nap, or even de-clutter my house after that, but I need to go out and do some work with our Holiday Train. Check it out, it's really cool, but I am going to be at the last stop for this evening, in charge of directing traffic and parking. Which means I am going to be there probably until at least 10:30.

Well, I did not write about a couple of things from last week... just figured I had other things I wanted to mull over here. I had my appointment with the allergist on Friday. He seemed to think that I had a contact allergy rather than a food allergy that made me get hives all over the roof of my mouth. He asked me: "How did you know they were hives?" DUH, strange bumps all over the roof of my mouth. "Did you look at the roof of your mouth?" Um no, being that it is not located in an area that is easy to look at in the mirror... "Well if people don't usually look in mouths, they don't know what they are supposed to look for." Hello, my friend who looked at it is a nurse, and my mother is a dental hygienist - she has looked in my mouth many, many, many times, and can tell you what it normally looks like! So anyway, they took some blood to test for reactions to Wheat Bran, and walnuts, since all I had that morning was coffee and a low-fat cranberry bran muffin. (There is no test for cranberries.) It is just weird, and I hope that we can figure out what it is. Kind of scary not knowing when you are going to have your throat swell up again.

I talked with a friend of mine on Saturday, and hopefully we will be meeting to work out together in the future. We are planning on doing a couple of triathalons this year. I need to keep challenging myself on the exercise front. Sad to say, but 5K's just are not seeming like a challenge anymore - when you do training runs that are 3 miles (on a light day) it just seems lik no big deal. So, let's add in some swimming and bicycling! Another friend of mine wants to do the MS 150 this year too. Not sure I am up for that one. We did the MS 60 last year, and I seriously thought I was going to die. My butt hurt, I was cranky, my thighs were burning, it was windy as shit (pedaling downhill to keep going really sucks), and to top it all off, I did not drink enough, so I was pretty dehydrated at the end. I tend not to drink too much when I exercise, because if I do, I get nautious - but I need to figure out where that fine line is.

Well, I need to go "yell" at a vendor, and get my expenses in. It's going to be a long week.

ta
-a

No comments: