Thursday, December 08, 2005

Unusually happy

I don't know what it was last night, but Eric was wondering what was up with me! I just was in the best of moods last night, and it really showed - I was just weird and silly and all of that stuff! Eric said that he liked this mood much better than depressed or pissed off. I think the mood swings from hell that resulted from going off the pill are over (cross your fingers!)

I got home after being gone for two days, and the pots and pans had been washed, and Eric had straightened up the living room. We had gotten out all of the Christmas stuff out of the basement on Sunday, and I did not have time to get the empty boxes put away before I left. Eric said that it was too cluttered even for him (did not know that was possible!) So, I had no desire at 5:30 in the evening to think about dinner, so we headed out to Green Mill where my stepson was working (25% off the bill, thank-you very much!). I had the portabella mushroom sandwich, and some fries. Went over in points for the day, but I was okay with that.

I think it was just a great relief to get my review over with my boss. Plus the fact that I did not have to go to Fargo for a meeting today, then rush back home for the evening's activities.

So anyway, we actually had a good conversation over dinner. I asked Eric if he had talked to his sister about the money we had loaned her. He had. She told him that she had no intention of paying us back - she never has any intentions of paying anyone back the money she borrows, it is just easier asking for a loan than for a handout! I guess we have gotten off easy, we are about $500 into her habit - my MIL gave her a credit card "for emergencies" that she charged $19,000 on that she has no intentions on paying back. I guess she also asked Eric if push came to shove, would we let her live in the gutter? Sad to say, but I think that would be the case. She is just a user. It is always about her, and she has absolutely no guilt about taking money from people - even her family. I refuse to help someone do that, even if she is my family. Thankfully, Eric agrees with me, and it appears so does his mother (finally) and his other sister.

I just don't get people like that. How can you go through life living like that? For GOD's sake, take some personal responsibility!

So after that, with me still in an unsually good mood, singing in the car on the way home... I cracked open the ornaments and started decorating my tree, and put some lights in our front window. I am so excited for this Christmas season - the last couple of years, I have not made the time to get out the decorations, and it just depresses me, but this year, WATCH OUT! I am pleased to say - we have lights on the outside of the house. This is the first year ever that I have had lights on my house, and I have been a homeowner since 1999. I LOVE the way the houses look with lights on them! And now I am one of the cool kids! (Can you tell I am a bit excited over that?) And the tree makes me smile too.... I finally got to put all of my Star Wars ornaments on the tree. Yep, big geek here!

And to top out the evening, I got to watch Alias snuggled up with my honey last night. I am sad that this is the last season. I admit, it has been kind of lame the last couple of shows, but yesterday's was a good show. I like the fact that they are re-introducing some of the older characters. And.... I was right - they did not kill off Vaughn, since he was in the previews for next week's show. (Like Sidney told Vaughn, you never know in this business, things are never as they seem!)

On that note, I have some actual work I need to get done today.

ta!
-a

No comments: