Thursday, December 15, 2005

Walkin' in a winter wonderland.

Well, okay, so the furthest I walked was to my vehicle and around it with the snow brush...

Did not shovel yesterday, my stepson beat me to it... I didn't go and fight him for the shovel, either! Well, I suppose I could have done the driveway, so Eric did not have to do it when he got home, but Curt was having so much fun tinkering with the snowblower, I figured I would let him have the opportunity to use it when/if he got it running. Athough, his time would probably have been better spent fixing his vehicle that has been sitting dead for the last three weeks. He has been using one of our vehicles to get to work/school since his started spewing oil all over the place. Lucky for him, I have a company vehicle for work, and don't need the car every day.

One of the positives is that I actually got my running shoes in my bag today. The plan is to ride on the bike, and read my book that is due back to the Library on the 19th. I am picking up my co-worker at the airport at noon, he is coming back today instead of tomorrow, since his FIL passed away yesterday. I guess it was not unexpected, but still sad for the family nonetheless. I think I will be going to workout after I drop him off.

I really needed the day yesterday to decompress. I was thinking that I just needed some time off, to get my head together, and to just be. Be careful what you wish for! I think it helped.

Speaking of snow, what is it about snow that makes people complete idiots? The neighbor down the street, once again, in his little low-slung Honda, was trying to drive through the 6 inches of snow to the front of his house. Um, if you spin the tires the entire time down the road, it really does not make you get there any faster... all it does is make ice under the tires and you get stuck. He did the same exact thing last year when we had a bunch of snow, I had to push him out of drifts a couple of times, and he just dove back in. Reality check, park on the street that is plowed, and walk the frickin' half block to your house - you can't leave the car there anyway, because the snow emergency parking restriction starts at 8am, and it's 7:45am right now...
I really hate people that don't use logic.

On that note, more numbers to crunch!
-a

No comments: