Wednesday, December 14, 2005

SNOW DAY!!!!

Okay, so I am not in school anymore, but I am still taking advantage.

I brought my computer home last night because the plan was to drive to Fargo today for a meeting. With the crap weather here in Minneapolis, I made the executive decision not to drive to Fargo in the 4 inches we are supposed to be getting, just to have to drive back on Thursday in much the same. Not cool if the Safety Person ends up in the ditch, driving to a meeting!

So I am going to work from home today. Have not done that in a while, but I have on my comfy clothes, and will be pulling out the work I have in my bag. Woo-hoo, get to wear pajama pants all day if I want.

Did not get as much done last night as I wanted, I ended up working in the kitchen for about 4 hours, making a number of things - cooked up a bunch of squash to freeze, made some "beets in the Dutch style" which is basically cooked beets with onions and apples - very yummy, if you ask me, and a WW recipe with a few modifications: Winter squash lasagne.

Perhaps today with my "snow day" I will get to the biscotti and the banana bread.

I also figure I can get a couple of AP's in today by shovelling snow. I was thinking about going to the gym last night after work, even brought clothes, but I soon figured out why the bag felt so light - bonehead move once again, I forgot to put my running shoes in the bag. Very hard to workout in steel-toed boots.

On that note, nose to the grindstone!
-a

No comments: