Wednesday, December 21, 2005

3 points

So far today. Yes, I know I should do better than that, but it was kind of a crazy morning.... and evening.

I went to the gym last night and did 1 hour on the stationary bike, went about 20.5 miles, and 18 minutes on the treadmill (with the cool-down) and did about 1.5 miles. Felt pretty darn good about it too! I ran into my cousin (well, cousin's wife) when I was going into the locker room after. She wanted to know why I was there... Hello.... but I said, "what is the closest Y to my house, it would be this one..." but I usually try to go in the morning, and work on the machines, and she is an evening that goes to the group classes. That is why we had never run into each other there before. I'm sure there are a lot of people that I don't run into there... so I got home, took a bath, made myself a salad, and started on two batches of banana bread.

I had asked Eric to buy Christmas stamps on his way home. When I got home and asked him where the stamps were, he says: "do you need anything at the airport post office?" Yep. Once again, the clueless man strikes again. Yes, when I ask you to do something, I really mean do it now, or within the next hour. The plus side to that would be that he actually put together the package for his daughter since he was going to make a special trip to the airport, he could mail the package at the same time. It did take him about 2.5 hours to wrap 2 packages, and pack the box though. I guess the darn TV and computer solitaire were so much more attractive than getting things actually done. Not bitter at all... it just drives me a bit nuts when he does not do things around the house. Hello, put away your clothes. See all of the stuff sitting in front of the laundry machine? You could actually put the wet stuff in the dryer. Dishes in the sink? Nah, they will wash themselves, right? Junk mail, what junk mail, that's the new tablecloth that we will just eat dinner on.... yargh.

So this morning, I got in kind of a hurry to get to my 9am meeting, since I had 3 baskets of laundry I folded, and a load of delicates I needed to hang to dry, and banana bread to wrap up in plastic wrap and foil, and a shower to take, and a bed to make, and the bag of garbage sitting next to the garbage can that Eric failed to notice to take out to the garbage can for pickup this morning... I was not able to grab my usual yogurt and Kashi for breakfast. Meeting lasted longer than what I had time to stay for, and I was only able to make a bag of microwave popcorn before I had to get on my conference call.

Anyway, I need to get a few more things done here, before I head home to pack to go to Alexandria this evening. I wonder what will not get done at the house tonight. Oh yeah, that would be no cleaning, no putting away of laundry. I am so frustrated with the level of crap in the house. I have no idea how Eric actually thinks that the state of the house is okay with people coming over on the 27th, and we will be gone the 24-26th.

Enough about that. Eating yesterday was good. I had 24 points for the day, and figured that I earned 6 AP's. Yay me. I have also successfully navigated the Christmas treats that have been in the office, because I am saving myself for the good stuff on Christmas. I will make sure it's a 10 on the food scale.

Make it yours, own it, and take no prisoners!
-a

No comments: