Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Doctor visit

So I went to the Doctor this morning to see if he could shed any light on the hive situation. He asked if I had eaten peanuts or seafood. Yes to both. But, I have eaten both since the episode (okay, peanut butter is the same as peanuts, right?) with no ill effects. I now have a referral to see an allergist. Kind of scary if you ask me, not knowing what you are allergic to - just waiting to see when next you will get hives on the roof of your mouth and have your throat swell... and since this reaction seemed worse than the first, I figure I need to find out what it is!

They had me step on the scale this morning at the doctor's office too. Didn't really like what it said, but at least I was still under the 200# mark (about 192 to be exact...) yep. I weigh that much. 'Nuff said.

I am going to make fabulous dinner at my house tonight for my MIL and my SIL that is going to the airport to go back to California. I have it all planned out, but I will need to leave work early tonight to get it all done. Here's the planned menu:
Ginger chicken
Curried vegetables
Curried chick peas
Naan
Saffron Rice (for desert)

Can you tell I was perusing the Indian cookbook I have at home? I needed to go to the store and get ginger, saffron, cardimum pods and "natural" yogurt. I went after the doctor this morning, so I have the stuff at work. Mississippi market is such a fun store to go look around... and the clerk was really kind of humorous when I was checking out - I believe his exact statement was "MMMMMMM! Saffron!". I have never bought the stuff before, looks kind of interesting, I was reading up on it on the web yesterday. It is the most expensive spice there is, it is the strings from a certain flower, and there are only three in each flower, so use it wisely! ($2.59 for HALF of a gram)

Hopefully my SIL won't be weird tonight. I have not really decided about her... she definately has mental health issues though, last time she came to stay with us, she wanted to visit the accupuncturist to get rid of the bugs that were crawling underneath her skin. I kid you not! That, and she seems to think that she can borrow money from us and not pay us back. She did it once, and was trying to ask Eric to lend her some more for the plane ticket for this trip, but we did not. Eric and I had a conversation that really had no conclusion - I wanted to know if he was going to ask her to pay us back, or if we were just going to forget about it and never lend her anything again... and he never told me what he wanted to do. What would you do? It's only about $200, but yet it is a significant amount, and there is the whole principle of the thing. Why ask to borrow money if you never intend to pay it back?

And my MIL is another one. Not to say that I don't love her, but she enables both of her daughters when she really should learn how to do some tough love. Makes me wonder how Eric turned out so "normal". When I ask him, he says that it's probably since he did not abuse drugs when he was younger.

Anyway, I suppose I need to get back to work - and to call the allergist to set up an appointment.

Toodles!
-a

No comments: