Friday, November 11, 2005

Friday.... could the week go any faster?

Where has the time gone? I was going to do all of this stuff, but somehow, it did not get done!

Well, I did not go to the gym last night. Was just about to, but then changed my mind. Needed to get to the Library to pick up a book that was on hold, because they are not going to be open today (thanks to all of the veterans!) Instead, I went home and cooked. Made roasted veggie soup and coleslaw with the veggies from my farm share. I LOVE the veggie soup... and it's really easy and low in points.

Take squash, carrots, onions, garlic, and any other orange/white veggies you like (I used cauliflower last night, the original recipe calls for parsnips) cube them up into about 1" cubes, put them in a shallow roasting pan, spray with Pam, and roast at 400 about 30 min, or until some of the veggies start to brown. Transfer all into a stock pot with 3-4 cups of broth (depending on how many veggies you have) and simmer until the carrots will mash easily. Puree in batches in a blender, add FF evaporated milk and you have fabulous soup. It's nice with a dollop of sour cream, or with a few salad shrimp sprinkled on top. If you like, add nutmeg.

The coleslaw was a recipe out of my Williamsburg Tavern cookbook. I will be taking it with me to a party on Saturday evening.

Since I did not get to the gym yesterday, I made my husband kick me out of bed this morning, and I got in 4 miles on the treadmill at the Y. Mostly at 5mph, but I bumped it up to 5.5 for 4 minutes at the end, and the last minute was at 6mph. I did not die. Amazing what the overweight lady can do! Now I feel just great! It was really tempting to stay in bed with Eric, though... he has the day off, luck dog!

I'm very excited about this evening. Eric said that he will take me to see the Christmas display they have set up at Marshall Fields. I have not been in years. This year it is a Cinderella theme. I figure if we get there before Thanksgiving, we might miss some of the crowds.

I definately feel like I am back on track, and more in control this week. I just need to continue on the same path. It just makes me mad that I have an entire drawer full of jeans that I cannot wear. I can squeeze into some, but they are just obscene, and not at all appropriate to wear in public, so I am here today, once again, wearing a pair of my husband's pants. It must end!

I have spoken.

Have a great day!
Anneke

No comments: