Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Starting over, again, and again, and again

Well, I bit the bullet, and went to a WW meeting again on Saturday. It was actually kind of funny, because I snuck in to the meeting just as it was starting... just sat down instead of weighing in first - there were too many people in line. When Corky saw me sitting there, she literally fell over. It's such a nice feeling to know that people are glad to see me, and care about me and how I am doing.

I had not weighed in since May. I was up 10 pounds from then. Why do I do that to myself? It is getting to the point where, once again, I am trying on lots of clothes in the morning to get something that I feel comfortable wearing. I have plenty of cute clothes, but they are 1 or 2 sizes too small for me, and I am steadfastly refusing to purchase more clothes. Leaves one option - LOOSE WEIGHT!

On another note, I have acutally stuck to the plan for several days. Okay, make that two - and believe it or not, the scale at home is saying nicer things to me... and I have done this before - the scale starts going in the right direction, I start feeling better, and it goes up again. I guess I just have to tell myself that even if it goes down, it is still not acceptable!

E picked up the winter farm share last night. With all of the travelling I did the last couple of weeks, we decided to let the other couple take the last whole share, and I get this whole share. Man do we have a lot of fresh veggies now: beets, turnips, kale, garlic, onions, potatos, squash, arugula, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, scallions, and SQUASH! I guess I will be spending some quality time in the kitchen making healthy dishes and freezing them. I love all of the stuff with the farm share - both the winter and the summer (check out the program at www.hogsbackfarm.com) but with E not eating a lot of the veggies, I have a hard time getting to everything before it starts getting bad. Just have to make a more concerted effort to eat, or cook and freeze more.

I once again, took my gym bag to work today, this time I managed to get my running shoes in the bag. The only thing is that now I cannot find my Y card. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and get another one. Didn't like the picture on the old one anyway! It's a cold and windy day, so I won't tell myself I will go running outside when I get home, and perhaps will really get my rear to the gym today. Need to get in shape if I want to do that 5K with any semblance of dignity!

That's about all I have to ramble about.... or at least all the time I have!

Make it a great one!
Anneke

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

I just checked your blog for the first time - I didn't notice until today that you had one! Anyway... unfortunately I have not been to a COrky meeting in quite some time, I switched to Fridays because Saturdays were getting too hard for me with all the social obligations of the spring/summer/fall... however, now it is getting to be winter and I'm thinking that it's time to go back to Corky's Saturday meetings. It DID help keep me on track on Friday nights, and since I switched to Fridays, I think I've been giving myself too much license to eat whatever I want all weekend...

Thanks for your continued support... I always look forward to reading your comments!
~Jessica