Monday, November 21, 2005

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Yep, going to Calgary for work. Lucky me. I packed this morning, and got stuff done around the house in preparation for leaving... since the computer was not working last night to pay bills, I got to do it this morning. Woo hoo!

It was an interesting weekend. Went to weigh in on Saturday, was down 1.4, but if I had weighed in last Saturday, I would have been up this week. Made some bad food choices on Saturday, on the Mystery Bus Tour (bar hop) I had some points left, but gosh, mozza sticks, onion rings, fries, pizza and chicken strips? The up side was that I journalled everything. The down side is now I have less flex points for Thanksgiving. Guess I will just need to go for a long run that morning!

I did not get as much done yesterday as I wanted. Got up in the morning to do the 5K with my friend, and we finished in about 32:40, according to my watch that I started when we crossed the start line. I was pretty happy with that, since Sue was feeling a bit hungover, and I had been up until 2 the previous morning, and it was COLD! After getting home and taking a warm bath, I cuddled up and read for a while, before going to deal with the bills and balancing the checkbook. I hate doing that, because it just makes me crazy, and unhappy with how much money the two of us are spending. Believe it or not, I called up my husband and yelled at him for buying a potato! There is another story behind this: we have lots of potatos at home that will just be going bad if they are not eaten, and I told him to not buy potatos - and he agreed. But, when push came to shove, he wanted a different potato (a bigger one for baking...) so he just went out and bought one. 62 whole cents, but for cripes sake, if we ALREADY have them at home that need to get eaten, DON'T BUY MORE!

It's the whole issue of me asking him to do (or not do something) and when it does not fit what he wants, he just ignores me. Makes me so mad. I actually kicked and threw things after he hung up on me and would not answer his cell phone. Was planning on doing something dire to his stuff, or to look at doing somehting else rash and uncontrolled, but I managed to get my temper under control. But, of course, I needed to get that under control before I could sit down and deal with the finances again.

This was also the reason I did not get as much laundry done yesterday as I had planned, and why my packing for my trip did not get done. I didn't want to do anything that would make his life easier... and in return, I didn't get my stuff done either.

I made a lovely turkey stew yesterday with the leftover carcas and drumsticks from last weekend's turkey. Simmered the carcas for about 2 hours, put in carrots, celeric, onions and kale in the broth, picked all of the meat off the bones, and added some noodles. And Eric said he would eat it for lunches while I am gone this week, so perhaps he will not go eat McDonald's for lunch at all. It is so tough getting him to eat decent when I am not there to make sure he has frozen dinners for lunch.

Can you tell I am getting tired of travelling? Things just seem to fall apart when I am not there. I know he can take care of himself, but I feel like the money just seems to go out the window when I am not there to control his urges to buy buy buy.

Well, I need to get going, flight leaves at 11:15, and I need to get myself to the airport (international flight, you know).

We'll see if I can actually get an internet connection in Calgary so I can update!

-a

No comments: