Thursday, November 10, 2005

Gettin' in the groove

Yay me.

I packed my gym bag, including my running shoes, again today. I made it to the Y yesterday, and ran on the treadmill. Okay, so it was only set at 5 mph, but I still kept that up for 3 miles. Felt great to get into it again. I don't know why I procrastinate so much about exercising when I know that it makes me feel so darn good after I do it!

Scale, again, said the same thing this morning. I have not been writing down what I have been eating, but I have been counting points in my head each day, and have been pretty much sticking to around 24 points (WW) which is my target. Well, yesterday I had a few more since of course I could not avoid the "healthy" snacks at the meeting last night (fruit with dip, veggies with dip...) then came home and HAD to have some light microwave popcorn.

Speaking of the meeting, it was actually kind of interesting. It was a short seminar on career planning. Found out what I pretty much knew - like what I do, but not where I do it! The next step would be finding a company that is a better fit for me. To be perfectly honest, if I can find something where I don't travel nearly so much, it would be a blessing! One of the people there considered driving to a different office in the same city "traveling". Traveling is not getting out of your office. Traveling is staying overnight at a hotel, travel is when you are in meetings all day, then you have to spend a couple of hours at night working on your computer to catch up... Travel is glamorous to the people that don't do it very often or at all. Can you see how I feel about travel?

Traveling is also something that completely messes up my WW efforts. You sleep like crap the first night, so you don't feel like getting up early to workout. You look like a complete anti-socialite if you want to go workout instead of going out to dinner. You feel like a complete teatotler when you order water when everyone else is ordering beer (and I LIKE beer). And don't get me started on restaurant food - hidden fat, carbs, portion sizes....

Anyway, off to make my Lower Sugar Quaker Oatmeal and to get my first cup of coffee... next on the agenda would be paying some invoices.

----end of ramble---
Anneke

No comments: