Friday, March 03, 2006

Evil, stinkin' girl scout cookies....

I ate almost an entire box yesterday. Do-Si-Do's. All sorts of otmeally, peanut-buttery goodness. I figure that was about 20 points there.

At least the box is gone now. The other box is going in the freezer, or home with my sister-in law, or perhaps some other dire place.

Dropped my boss off at the airport yesterday. He was in for two days to go over some of the restructuring that has been going on, and to meet with my Service Area Managers to go over the "Service Partner Agreement" so we have a better structure of what my job is supposed to be rather than what people seem to think is my job when it really isn't. It actually was not a bad couple of days, becuase he and I get along pretty well. In fact, when he came in on Tuesday night, we headed over to the MOA and did some serious shopping... now that the Canadian Dollar is doing better, he gets more for his money here.

And then, yesterday afternoon, I had a phone interview. Working for a different company that is based here in the Twin Cities, and there would be much less travel involved in that position. And he did not seem put off at all by my salary requirements, but really, if you want someone with 10 years of experience, you will be paying for it!

After that I went home because my shoulder was screaming at me. When I am stressed, I tend to wrap my shoulders around my ears. I don't think I am stressed, but my left shoulder is telling me different. I have been doing some running on the treadmill, and I think I am using bad form, trying not to bash my arms into the front of the treadmill. Not something that has happened before, but who knows why these things seem to happen.

So went home to relax, and ate too many cookies. Not sure if it was the painkillers or the cookies that made me nausious.... but my stepson cooked himself a pizza last night that I smelled and just wanted to hurl. A bit of the same thing at dinner - we went to a Vietnamese restaurant, and I orderd the Hun Tu (at least that is what I remember it being called) Soup with rice noodles, pork, crab and shrimp. The p0rk just was not at all appealing to me, I gave most of it to Eric, tried a piece myself, and ended up spitting it out.

And, the happy news is I started in on my/our taxes last night, and we are not going to owe money this year. Definately a happy dance. Glad to know my bonus this year is not going to pay for taxes!!!!

Not much else going on out there. Probably going home early today too, since said shoulder is not happy today. Perhaps some heat and more pain killers will do the trick.

~a

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, wrap my shoulders around my ears when I'm stressed. The pain was constant, couldn't sleep decent, it was just awful. I finally went to my husband's chiropractor (and actually am still going) and he was able to straighten me out, literally. It took several adjustments but the day I noticed the pain was more or less gone was wonderful. Something to look into if you're interested.

AnnekeS said...

It comes and goes... I was seeing a chiropractor, but got tired of having to schedule and reschedule appointments - travelling sucks, really. There also is the point that I don't exactly buy into the whole twice a week maintenance thing.

JessiferSeabs said...

No girl scout cookies were permitted into this house this year.

I also do the shoulder thing.

I pray I don't owe taxes.