Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I have a theory about this...

And yet another movie quote. I bought the movie yesterday, and watched it in the airport while I waited for my flight - through volunteering my seat twice, and getting $600 in flight vouchers. Not a bad day's afternoon! The cool thing about watching movies on you laptop is that you can do actual work at the same time, so I got a few things work-like done too. And what movie is it, you ask? Well it was released in 2005 - that is your clue.

So my theory: I truly, truly, truly exercise best in the am. When I drag my bottom out of bed and get in gear, it works out so much better than noontime, or in the afternoon. Not sure why, since most of the stuff I read talks about how much better people's performance is in the afternoon, but that is just not me. Was on the dreaded hotel treadmill this morning at 5:30am. The schedule had a "pace" run of 4 miles today. Warmed up at 5.2 for half a mile, then pushed it up to 5.8, and was even able to sustain 6 mph for over a mile. Yay me. Felt absolutely wonderful, I am not tired today, did not need the coffee to wake me up, etc etc etc. And, I have the whole evening to putz around here in Chicagoland. I am planning on picking up my book club book somewhere, and then going to find something to eat.

I also behaved myself in the training today, and avoided eating a muffin that was almost as big as my head. Instead, I brought a packet of Quaker Instant Oatmeal, and had that instead. Of course, about an hour and a half into the class, I noticed there was a clot of oatmeal smack dab in the middle of my chest. Do you think anyone pointed it out to me? Of course not, every one else in the room was male, and they just don't do that sort of thing. I mean, would a guy go up to a woman in the airport and tell her that she had TP on the bottom of her shoe like I did yesterday? No, I feel that if they DID notice, they would just point and laugh.

I cannot seem to connect up in my hotel room, so I had to go into the office here in Chicago after the training to get access to my e-mail and such - am planning on busting out soon!

There is a 7-mile run on the schedule tomorrow, so I need to go to bed early to get up extra early to get that in. And yes, it will be on the treadmill. Good thing the gym at the hotel is open 24 hours a day! Perhaps I will get in a bit of hottubbing tonight to get all relaxed, and the Sheraton beds are quite comfortable!

That's about it. I'm off!

~a

No comments: