Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Phone calls

I feel like I need to remove the phone from my ear...

Having some customer service issues. Let's see - sent phone and cable e-payments through my bank. Two weeks later, they have not been taken out of my account, so I get concerned.

I called the cable company this morning to see if they had recieved the payment yet. They had not. But since it was 6:30 am, my bank was not open to talk to them. So this afternoon, I got home and called the bank - the checks had not been cashed yet, so I have them stop the payments, and I am resending them. Call the cable company to tell them what is happening, so they can make a note on the account, and they have a check that they recieved today that is pending. I then call the bank to see if they can stop the stop payment. Turns out they can't, they used to, but had "too many issues with stopping stop payments so we stopped stopping stop payments". Gotta love when the bankers have a sense of humor (and it's kind of cool when you tell the person your name, they know exactly who you are and ask you how you are doing).

After finding out this tidbit of information, I call back the cable company, and just give them a credit card number to charge the amount I owe to try and head off any charges for having a check refused payment, I have to explain the situation to the first person, who transfers me to another person, who takes care of the cable bill, then I get transferred to the phone person who can then take care of the phone bill. Anyway, I hope that heads off any charges they might try to put on my account. Really, I was trying to get everything straightened out!

It's been a long couple of days, and it's only Tuesday afternoon!

Sunday, Eric and I ended up going to Ikea, and getting some roman blinds, and night stand lamps for our bedroom. I was planning on making the roman shades, but this is so much easier, and really, for $75 total, I think it was worth it - I am proably going to cover these shades with the material I purchased anyway, so they will then be lined roman shades, and waaaaaay easier on me. It also gets rid of the bedsheet we had stuffed in the window since we had the windows replaced 6 months ago.... and amongst all of the shopping and redecorating, and laundry, and of course the procrastination, I did not get a run in on Sunday.

I was planning on going yesterday, but got stuck on a project at work that kept me in the office until after 5, then had a Jaycees board meeting at 6, so I did not get out running yesterday either.

Today, since I was in at 6am, I am home now, taking care of some personal stuff, and I have a 4-mile run planned. I will go out and do it, really. I think I might also be going a little too quickly, I picked the Intermediate program, because the Novice program seemed like it was just too easy. I think I needed something in between the two, so I will be trying to get in the miles, but may cut down some of the longer scheduled workouts a mile or two until I get my legs under me a bit better. Although, I do notice that I seem to be getting a better quality of sleep lately, so that is a positive.

After the run this afternoon, finishing some laundry is definately on the schedule. I have done 7 loads so far this week. How can 3 people make so many dirty clothes?

Well, I need to run - literally!

ta!
~a

No comments: