Friday, March 10, 2006

There is only 'do' or 'not do', there is no 'try.'

So I'm registered for the half marathon. Found that out yesterday when I looked on my bank website to see if they had cashed my check. They had. Looked at the training schedule I have in my hot little fist. It says Thursday: 3 miles easy. My thoughts: No problem... I will go home, pop the chicken in the oven for an hour to cook while I run, plenty of time!

There enters the "not do". Got home. Decided I needed to finish my library book, since it was overdue, so I read for an hour. Went looking for my husband who happened to be flopped face-down across the bed, asleep. Bugged him to get up so we could get the car from the dealership after it had gone through it's 20,000 mile service. Decided I needed to get a roof rack with a bike mount there, so that took longer. Got home again, started on prepping dinner. Chicken in the oven. Oh, it's getting too dark to go running.... Hmmmmm maybe some mashed potatos to go with it? There went the time for my run!

Why oh why do I not stick to my plan? I was going to 'TRY' to get up this morning and go to spinning. and we all know what happened there. I actually was in bed until 7:15 am.

Anyway, this is what I am going to DO tonight.

After I get home, I will put on my exercise clothes, and go for a 4 mile run. It is supposed to be 50 degrees outside, so there will be no excuses or distractions. (Eric will be gone this evening). After my run, I will shower, eat a healthy dinner of leftover baked chicken, and do some house cleaning.

As a reward for these accomplishments, I will sit my behind down on the couch and watch a DVD. Not sure if it will be Harry Potter, or Season 4 of Alias.

as Nike says: "JUST DO IT!"

~a

No comments: