Tuesday, March 07, 2006

3 miles, easy

That was what day 1 of the half marathon training plan said that I should do on Monday.

But, as always, life seemed to interfere and I was completely unmotivated last night to go exercise when I got into my hotel room. I instead, did some cross-stitch, and watched the E recap of the Oscar outfits. They were correct, there were no real outrageous outfits, and again, nothing that really stood out to me as being completely gorgeous.

My takes on the outfits/makeup:
Sandra Bullock's dress was great, but her makeup was completely bland, except maybe for a bit too much blush...
Nichole Kidman was just too much of the same color.
Kiera Knightly needed to stand up straight. I cannot stand when people slouch - If you got it, flaunt it!
Dolly Parton, I liked her stage outfit much better than her red carpet outfit. That pink number with all of the criss-cross was not something I liked. Of course it must be so hard to dress for her body type.
Charlise Theron - it was a good thing she was sitting on the aisle, as the person to her left would not have had room to sit next to that bow!
Selma Hayak - the dress looked so odd and pinched to one side. The color was gorgeous, and the detail was interesting, but I would think it could have been fitted better.

So I got up this morning and ran on the treadmill my easy 3 miles. Today's schedule also says 3 miles, so I am planning on doing that after I get done for the day, before the group goes out for dinner.

I guess I have not updated since before the weekend... Friday, Eric and I went and helped my friend in cleaning/prepping her house to get ready to put on the market. She and her husband are getting divorced, and decided it was just best to put it on the market.

Saturday, I decided not to go weigh in, because I didn't feel like it, and I knew Corky was not going to be there. I also knew that I had an "eh" kind of week, and did not need to pay the money to have them tell me that. Saturday we went to a social for the Jaycees State Bowling, and I must say that I probably drank my fair share of beer. I was sitting next to a friend of mine, and we were just having a good time, giggling like a couple of school girls. At one point we raided the adult "toy" vending machine in the women's bathroom, then opened everything up to see what they looked like. Let me tell you, 75 cents does not get you a whole lot! Although it was worth it for the amusement factor.

Sunday we bowled teams for state bowling. The first game they had the lights off for cosmic bowling, and that really threw me off... I bowled a 96. After that, they turned the lights on, and amazingly enough, I bowled a 144 and a 140 after that. I guess practice does make you better - although I rather doubt that I will be bowling on the same league again next year (Sunday was the last day of our league also, and I got my stepson to fill in for me). I just cannot stand the way I smell when I come home from bowling... smoke, yuk.

So foodwise, I had a crap weekend. Too much beer on Saturday, and too much recovery food on Sunday.

And I am really starting to not like writing down food every day. I think I am going to try the core plan, as I want go listen to what my body is saying about food - and I think if I cut out some of the extraneous carbs, I am going to have less cravings. I am going to try to be all about the lean meats, veggies and fruits. They do seem to fill me up, and keep me full for longer, so I am going to go with that at this point.... does not mean that I won't have bread/carbs, but I am going to make an effort to reduce my intake and see what happens. Also, if I am going to do this training program for the half marathon, I want to make sure I have enough fuel in my body to keep myself going.

That being said, yesterday I had my oatmeal, sushi and an apple for lunch, and I got some food for the drive up north: veggie medley with carrots, broccoli, and pea pods, an antioxidant juice, apples, bananas, and some Pirate's Booty (was craving salt and crunch and that was the thing I wanted... plus there are only 4 servings in the bag as opposed to other snacks that were 6-8). Yes, I did eat carbs, but that was what I was craving, and I did not eat the whole bag. In actuality, I think I probably had around 18 points, but I was satisfied.

Today, I have had oatmeal, and a banana with peanut butter. Fiber, fruit, and some protein to keep me going. Lunch, I am not certain, but I have a microwavable lentil soup that will fill me up wonderfully, and dinner will be out with the group. And I plan to do another 3 miles, so I can get in the 26 the training program calls for this week.

And on another note, I am making a conscious effort to relax my shoulders, so mine is not paining me nearly as much. And the hotel has a hot tub I am planning on using tonight.

Off to the races!
~a

No comments: