Monday, March 13, 2006

Chun, you are incredible! No - I am better than that.

Sticking to the movie quotes, as instructed by my muse, Snackie...

Eric and I were watching this movie, and now we keep joking about it. He will tell me that I am fabulous, and I will tell him "no, I am better than that!"

It was a good weekend. I procrastinated a bit after I got home on Friday, but I ran my 4 miles, then put my rear on the couch and watched the 3rd Harry Potter movie and cross-stiched.

Saturday I got up early and headed to the Convention Center, where I volunteered in the canteen at the blood drive the Red Cross has set up outside of the auto show. Went home got dressed, and did my 3 mile "pace" run as it had said to do on the training schedule - pushed myself a bit, and acutally was able to do the distance in about 29 minutes. After that, I got all snazzed up to meet some friends for drinks, and dinner. I actually got home at about 9:30, and was pretty much asleep by 10:00 - I think Eric got in around midnight, but did not hear him at all.

Sunday, lazed in bed with Eric for a while, then got myself organized for a trip to the grocery store. $200.18 later, I was back home stashing all of the things that I had purchased. Man, it just all adds up! Then it was downstairs to get the camera downloaded (finally) with the pictures from the cruise. I did ask Eric to do it, but they boy is just intimidated by the computer and all things associated with it. After the software install, it was actually very easy - connect the cord from the computer to the camera, and turn on the camera. Badda bing, badda boom, all pictures downloaded! It was actually more challenging to put the pic's on a CD, and how hard is it to transfer files????

So, I dropped the CD off at a friend's house (she is putting together a presentation of all the people's photos for a post-cruise gathering), then I went to Phalen for my scheduled run. 6 miles was on the schedule, which meant 2 times around the lake. I do have to say, that I ran the whole 6 miles, and I am pretty proud of myself. I almost stopped after I had completed one lap, since the weather was not the best, but forced myslef to do the second lap. Amazingly enough, the second lap felt much better than the first - and it did not seem like it took as long, either. And that 6 miles, according to le watch, took me an hour and 5 minutes. Makes me feel good about myself. I know I consciously slowed down and relaxed my pace several times, as it was to be an easy training run, but that is not much off of the time I had for the one and only 10K I have run. 14 weeks until the half marathon!

And that's about the sum total. Not traveling for work this week, but have things going on every evening, so I will probably be going to the Y to run on the treadmill to get in my miles this week because of the HALF A FOOT of snow that is currently on the ground. Strangely enough, I seem to be able to run faster outside than on the treadmill, even though they tell you it is the other way around. Might have something to do with the fact that I may shorten my stride on the treadmill, since I seem to run as close as I can to the front.

Wish me luck in digging out of the snow!
~a

No comments: