Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Moving out.

He's 20, he found a job where he's probably going to make some money, and he had decided that he is going to move out of the house.

That would be my stepson. The one who has yet to pay rent this year, since he "has no money".

He told us that he is moving back to Lino Lakes. It appears that his mom and stepfather are not playing well with the neighbors, (his stepfather owns a vending business, so he goes to work at 2am, and the neighbors don't like the diesel starting up at that time, disturbing their peace - at least that't the story that Curt related) so they have decided to move into a different house, and will be remodelling the old house, then renting it to Curt (my stepson). He will be staying there while they are remodeling, for the cost of utilities, then will be paying somewhere around $350/month. It's more than what he pays us, but is closer to Hugo where he will be working... and I hope he decides he really does need to pay rent, 'cause I would hate to see him kicked out.

He got a job as a management trainee for 84 Lumber company. Hopefully they will treat him well, and he will actually figure out what he wants to do with his life.

It was an interesting weekend.

Went to weigh in on Saturday. Yep. Was up. Understandably so, since I ate like there was no tomorrow and did not exercise any the week after the crusie. Honestly, I ate worse last week than I did on the cruise. I think it was because I was paying more attention to what I was doing, plus I made a conscious effort to exercise, and move!

After WW, I went and met Eric for breakfast, then we test-drove a Ford f-25o diesel pickup truck. We are looking to get a new tow vehicle, to replace the Jeep we have that has 175,000 miles on it. I think we found the ticket, but we are waiting a month or two until we purchase, the plan was to get something around the end of April. After the test-drive, it was off to the grocery store to get things like frozen dinners and fresh produce. And I found something really interesting: Light Margarita mix. Looks like it has Splenda in it (ingredients said sucrolose) but it is 10 calories for 4 oz. Happy Dance! And it is actually not all that bad, either! We tried it out at the Pampered Chef Party I went to on Saturday evening.

Sunday, I went running with Corky around Prior Lake. 5 miles. I actually thought it went pretty well, but definately could have run more of it, but this is what happens when you run with others. It took us a little over an hour.

After that, I went home, ate, took a bath, then napped for 2 hours. I guess it wiped me out more than I thought!

So this week is back on plan.

Yesterday, I went and exercised after work, before my board meeting. Ran 4 miles on the treadmill. I also stayed within my points, without using any AP's. I printed out a training schedule for the 1/2 marathon, and I plan to do that to prepare for the race.

Today I have packed my gym bag, and I plan to get in another 3-4 miles before I need to pick up my boss at 5:30. I might actually go at lunch time, but we will see what shakes out.

anyhoo, that's about the sum total.
~a

1 comment:

AnnekeS said...

It is a good thing... now we can walk around the house nekkid...

But seriously, since Eric moved in, we have pretty much had one of the kids living with us. Time for some "us" time!