Friday, February 10, 2006

Girl time

Sometimes you just gotta do it. Even if it means sitting in a smoky bar, drinking half a bottle of wine and eating nachos the day before you plan to weigh in.

It was a fun drive home yesterday. Notice the sarcasm. Yep, it was fine until I hit Maple Grove, where 694 and 94 come together. Then, basically, traffic stopped. I never drove when the snow was falling, but if you are doing 65-70 mph on the freeway, you are bound to catch up with the aftermath of the storm. I swear it took me 45 minutes to go about 10 miles. Had to give up the freeways for sanity reasons.

So I had planned on meeting a friend of mine last night, because she wanted to talk to me about the reason that she had not attended our holiday party, and we ended up getting together around 8:00 at a little local place. It turns out, after 9 years of marriage, she and her husband are getting divorced. She did not want to go to the party at the same time, and he did not want to do "split shifts" so she just decided not to go, because she did not want to attend "with" him. So we sat and chatted about past relationships, and brakeups, and the stupid ass things that men do when you break off a relationship, even if it is what they have been saying what they want. I mean geez... when they get what they want, they decide they want something different... and they say that women are indecisive! I just feel so bad, but I am glad that she is moving forward, if you feel bad about yourself because of a relationship you are in, it is time to move on. And T, if you are reading this, know that I will support you in anything that you need from me.

It just makes me appreciate what I have with my husband all the more. I might get pissy or angry with him for stupid stuff, but we communicate, and talk, and I know that he loves me because of the small things he does every day -
  • Telling me he is running a shortage of kisses.
  • Runing upstairs when he hears me coming in the front door, to greet me with a hug.
  • Calling me randomly, just to tell me he loves me.
  • Being excited when I am not traveling for a week, so he gets to sleep with me every night.
  • Holding my hand when we walk down the sidewalk.

Okay, now that that sap is out of my system....

By this time tomorrow, I will be on an airplane on my way to San Juan. Cruising, here I come!

No comments: