Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend update.

Friday, I had been reading a blog that posed the question "does TV make you fat"? So I was inspired, went home, dusted off the NordicTrack (quite literally - used a swiffer pad...) and watched last Sunday's episode of "Big Love." I was on the machine for the entire episode - 55 minutes, and 6.1 miles. That was the deal that I made with myself.

After showering, and getting ready, Eric and I went to an alumni reception for the school where I got my master's degree. It was actually kind of neat, host bar (two smaller glasses of wine for me) and yummy, healthy appetizers (grilled veggies, cheese and fruit). And I looked GOOD! I had a couple different people come up to me and start chatting... I must have looked approachable, and friendly, and honest-to-gosh, attractive (you know how people come up to you more so if you look good?) We were there for about an hour, then proceeded on to a birthday party/dinner for Eric's friend. They served dinner at their house to about 30 people. It was quite a lot of fun - although I did not eat the main course, salmon. Yuk. But there was plenty of other food, so I did not go hungry, but at the same time, did not overstuff myself. I ate salad with lettuce apples and walnuts, Wild rice salad with dried cranberries and walnuts, and a couple of slices of yummy 7-grain bread.

I slept in on Saturday, decided I wanted that more than anything. Skipped going to WW, as really, I don't think it is worth paying the $ right now, since my goal at this point is not to lose weight. I can go back later if that is what I decide to do. Around noon, Eric and I went to a fishing seminar (where I read a book) then to the MOA to wander a bit, then we got a late lunch/early dinner. Saturday evening, we hung out together on the couch, after I did some organizing and moving bookshelves into the room that is going to be my office.

Sunday, I was thinking about going running, or getting out my NordicTrack… but that never happened. I never got out of my PJ's all day. Did some more organizing, visited with my parents when they came over for a couple of hours, put together a "real" dinner, and did some knitting.
So not a lot accomplished, but I am sure relaxed and refreshed!

I guess I have just been spoiled by the nice weather of late. I know the running folks say you should go outside in all kinds of weather, but I just don't see the point of being miserable when you are running!

And there you have it.
~a

No comments: