Friday, April 28, 2006

Temper tantrum

I want to know why I need to resort to extreme measures to get things done, or rather to get Eric to do things...

I gave him a list of 4 things to do last Saturday before I left, since he was going to be home, and he said he would do some things.

This was the list:
1. Clean Bathroom
2. Empty Dishwasher
3. Put away laundry
4. Put away stuff on top of dishwasher

One item got done. He emptied the dishwasher. His clothes, which I had folded and left on the bed were moved to the laundry basket.... and the other things were not done.

So I asked him on Monday - did you clean the Bathroom? Same thing on Tuesday. Thought about cleaning it myself, but that was going against the principle - he said he was going to do it, and darned if I was going to to it for him - just because you don't especially like the task does not mean that you don't have to do it. Wednesday, he was home all night. Bathroom did not get cleaned. So yesterday, when I asked him if he had cleaned the bathroom, he got this look on his face, and said "I don't like the way this conversation is going" and made like he was going to leave. So I asked him why he felt the need to leave when things got uncomfortable, or the conversation was about things that he didn't like. I told him that I really hate it when I start to nag him, and to become a total bitch about things, but if you say you are going to do something, you need to do it. And the reason I asked him to clean the bathroom on Saturday, was that it needed cleaning on Saturday, not two weeks later. I don't understand why he does not get this concept.

So I guess I guilted him into coming home to clean the bathroom before going out for a drink with his friend for his friend's birthday. Good thing too, because I had decided to be pissy, and I had just sat down with a book and a box of Girl Scout cookies when I saw him pull up outside. He told me he does not like upsetting me. Wel DUH, do what you say you are going to do in a timely manner, and this will not happen!

So now that is on the list of how to get things done:
1. Tears
2. Temper tantrum

And I hate both of them.

And it's amazing, because he had talked to his daughter on Wednesday, who told him that she was glad that her roommate had moved out, because she did nothing around the house... my stepdaughter had to do all the cleaning. So what did he do? He decided he should do some laundry. Which consisted of putting clothes in the washing machine. Nothing else.

Yargh.

On another note, I was completely wiped out yesterday. I don't know what it was... I fell asleep in the bedroom somewhere between 8:15 and 8:30, watching TV, until about 9 when my parents called. And I was still wiped out this morning when I was thinking about getting out of bed to go for a run. Therefore, there was no running this morning. I will look at going out after work tonight, before the Alumni reception, then the birthday party for Eric's friend.

Yep. No rest for the wicked.

The big question is: Will I go to my meeting tomorrow? I am tempted to not go, since I know Corky will not be there. Plus the fact that at this point, I am just tempted to keep myself in this holding pattern, at this weight. I have clothes that fit, that make me look good, I am eating relatively healthy (discounting the girl scout cookies, of course) and I am exercising on a regular basis...

And another random thought - I was reading an article about running nutrition, and it says that a lot of people training for long races don't consume enough calories. Even if you are trying to lose weight, you need to eat more to compensate for the long days of exercise. I should really go back to counting points, so I can get a better estimation of what I should eat accounting for all of the AP's, but can't really face it right now. I just don't want to.

I'm good enough, and smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me.

It really is a rainy Friday.
~a

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

Good God, this sounds familiar. I always find myself saying, "if you don't want to be with a naggy, bitchy woman, why do you drive me to NAG AND BITCH AT YOU?"

If he didn't SAY he was going to unload the dishwasher, I wouldn't be upset about the fact that it wasn't unloaded.

'nuff said about that.

And on that note, I'm contemplating going back to a Saturday meeting time, but not this week. I like weighing in on Weds, but I miss Corky.