Wednesday, April 12, 2006

SIL update

My Sister-in-law called me last night, and we actually had a good talk.

She is planning on going into treatment, she realizes that she needs to get her stuff together. She was sober for over two years, and was going to school to get a degree in Art, and she can't actually pinpoint what happened to make her start using again.

She is okay with us not trusting us to be in the house by herself anymore. She will be returning the key, and she has lost the job of cleaning our house. I told her that I hold people accountable for their actions, and that is what will happen because of what she did. She actually gave me a compliment, saying that she knows that I am not an enabler, and that is what she needs right now.

I also talked to her about identifying with some of her feelings of lonliness and inadequacy. She did not quite believe me, saying that I am one of the most confident people that she knows. Yes, I agree that I have a level of self-confidence, but some of it is a complete act, or that's how I feel.

Anyway, I told her that I don't hate her, but we definately don't trust her. She needs help, and she does know that, so hopefully that is a step in the right direction.

And I will keep on cleaning my own house now.
~a

1 comment:

AnnekeS said...

She took money I had left her - but did not do any of the cleaning. Just came into the house, drank some of my Grey Goose, and took the money. (It's in the post "once again, life is like a soap opera")

This is the second time she has taken money from me...