Wednesday, April 26, 2006

And the winner is...

well, obviously not me. No way, no how was there a way that I would have crossed the finish line first, unless perhaps aliens took over my body. And even then, in that circumstance, would they have chosen me.

On the other hand, I finished in under 9 minutes. A one-mile race. Me.

It was a beautiful night for the event. Not too hot, not too cold. Although I did have to dodge around several small children that were in the race. Good for them, good for the parents who are getting their kids into running, but you really need to teach them race ettiqute too - not that they were bad. It's also a little humbling to know that someone half your size can run as fast as you.

And my husband was there at the finish line, cheering me on. Unlike the last race, when he got there about a minute too late to see me finish. I still like him anyway. :)

This is actually the shortest race I have done, if you don't count the events I ran when I was in 9th grade track (and yes, the slowest person on the team). There is definately a different type of warm-up needed for this sort of race, as I found out when my left calf muscle decided to cramp/bunch up after the race. I have been having some issues with it, after the running I have been doing, but pushing it last night without having a longer race to allow it to work out its kinks really did a number on me. I kept having to stretch, and ended up going home to soak my legs in a hot bathtub, then went to bed with heat on it. Feels much better this morning.

We walked into the tent where everyone was registering for the Marathon. Walked back out again. Told Eric "perhaps next year". So now I have told him too. Scary.

Scale told me the same thing again this morning. I need to figure out if I will have transportation to go WI on Saturday, but if I do, I again won't be expecting much of a loss, if any. I just have to content myself with my clothes fitting better. (and to stop obsessing with the number!)

ta
~a

No comments: