Sunday, April 09, 2006

5 K

Well, maybe I am doing something right.

I signed up for a 5K race for this Sunday. That's what the training schedule said that I was supposed to do, so I did it. This week pretty much sucked for training, but I decided that I would be doing the race, because I needed to do it.

I almost cried at the end. I ran it in less than 30 minutes. 29:21 to be exact, and that is a Personal Record for myself. I wanted to run it in less than 30 minutes. My goal was to run it in less than 30 minutes. When I passed mile 3, and realized that I was at 27+ minutes, I was very excited.

And the great thing, is now I am even more motivated. WOOO HOOOO! I know I am traveling this week, but I will make the time to go running. Mostly 3, 4, and 5 mile runs this week. I can do that! Plus, we made a trip to the grocery store, so I am stocked up on FF soy milk, fresh veggies, fresh fruit, quick oatmeal, and salad. I can do my core thing much easier now!

I also need to brag about the bargain that I found on Saturday. I was thinking that I really needed a new pair of running shoes, so Eric and I went to Dick's. I looked at what kind of shoes I had (and absolutely adore) and went into the store to get another pair. The salesperson asked what I needed, and I told him "running shoes" so he starts pointing me in the direction of some shoes, and I tell him "I want a pair of ASICS Gel Cumulus shoes." 9 1/2. So he goes in back to get me a pair, saying that they don't have any on the display. They fit perfectly. I decide I want to get some new running socks too, so I find 3 pair for $9.99. I then go to check out. I am not sure what the shoes are going to cost, but I am willing to pay whatever, because I love these shoes. The guy rings me up, and tells me the total is under $20. I ask if that is correct. Yep, $19.96. The shoes were $9.97. So I went back and got another pair. I couldn't pass them up! And the great thing is that there is no break-in needed on these shoes. I ran my race in them today.

Otherwise, it has been a busy weekend. Curt moved the majority of his stuff out on Thursday, so I pulled up the carpet in the bedroom on Saturday, since there is hardwood that was under the carpet, and the carpet was pretty nasty. Worked my buns off pulling up the carpet and pad, pulling staples out of the floor, and puling up the nail strips around the perimiter. It really is a beautiful floor, all I needed to do was give it a good mopping. Eric is now working on putting in quarter round around the baseboards (they removed them when they installed the carpet) in that bedroom, then we will move the furniture out of the third bedroom and do the same thing - put in the quarter round.

I am looking forward to getting the computer upstairs, away from the TV, and to get my sewing machine upstairs also. Perhaps I will even get to hemming the draperies I made that are in the bathroom!

Anyway, laundry is calling agin, both the drier and the washer have dinged/buzzed.

Later!
~a

No comments: