Thursday, April 20, 2006

He's only mostly dead...

So I got home yesterday to find my husband asleep on the bed next to some clean laundry. I had laid some shirts out in the morning, but did not have time to fold them before going to work. Looked at the pile of clean shirts, and discovered the mother of all hairballs on the top of the pile. Totally gross and disgusting, and really not sure why Eric did not see it... The good news is that the pile of shirts completely protected the down comforter.

As a result, yesterday afternoon, I gave both of the cats baths. Both of them were not even slightly amused. Gonzo was worse, Alex has had to put up with it more than Gonzo, since she's the older cat, I have a tendancy to bathe them once a year, in the springtime, to get rid of lots of loose hair. So really, I was late to book club because I had to give my cat a bath!

It's actually been a pretty okay week. I survived Easter Sunday Brunch with Eric's family without rolling out of the buffet. Helped that I ran 7 miles that morning, so I had plenty of AP's to play with (ran for an hour and 13 minutes). Lisa gave back the key, so I don't need to worry about her coming by the house when we are not home.

It's also been a fun week of juggling the use of the car. My stepson is borrowing our second vehicle because his completely died the other day. So, Eric and I have been taking turns using the vehicle. Monday I used it for my board meeting. Tuesday, he dropped me off, and went to his meetings, while I got a ride home from a friend. Yesterday, I took the car to book club. Not sure what will be happening tonight, I have a Jaycee General Membership meeting, and I don't know what Eric has going. I do have a work truck, but with all the decals on it, it looks bad sitting in the parking lot of a bar... plus we are not supposed to use them for personal use.

Hopefully Curt will get his motorcycle running, or another vehicle, so we can have ours back soon! It's getting a little old.

And the running.... well like I said, I did 7 miles on Sunday (schedule said 9, but I was not quite feeling up to that. Monday, I skipped. Tuesday, I came home and did a hill workout. Ran up and down the same hill 8 times. The lady who was doing work in her yard was giving me some pretty strange looks, hopefully she figured out that I was not casing the neighborhood! Wednesday, I also skipped, but I really needed to bathe the cats (yep!). So this morning, I decided that I was going to go according to the schedule, and ran 8 miles. And yes, you read that right, 8 stinkin' miles. It's the furthest I have run since last June when I did the half marathon. And I ran the whole thing. Well, I suppose I did stop for a couple of seconds while I waited for the light to change so I could cross the street without getting run over.

Yay for me. Now I just need to keep it up. If I do, 13.1 miles should not be a problem!

And again, the scale is really not moving much in either direction (both yay and boo...) but my pants are definately getting looser, and the belt I am wearing today is one notch tighter than what it has been.

I actually had someone at my WW meeting on Saturday tell me that I was melting away. Not hardly, but thanks anyway!

That's about it. I'm still running, and having some success!

~a

No comments: