Thursday, April 27, 2006

It's not a big deal

I ran 5 miles this morning. Felt pretty good. I was a little sore as I started out, but then I settled into my pace. Although I think it was a little faster than normal, as my watch told me that I did it in about 51 minutes. Kind of crazy to think that 5 miles is not a big deal at this point.

As I was running the last block towards home, I saw Eric leaving the house, and getting into the car, so I was able to flag him down in the street to kiss him "good morning," since I left the house before he was out of bed. He told me I was really sweaty, but kissed me anyway. He definately is a good man!

I skipped working out yesterday. With the crazy tight calf muscle the night before, I was still a little sore in the morning, and in the evening, I went to the first of six study sessions for taking my certification exam. Guess I need to get to studying.

Food yesterday was pretty good. I ate before the study session - and avoided all of the snacks that they had set out for break. I just took notes like a mad woman, and drank my water. And the scale this morning said nice things to me. It told me I was under 180. Woo hoo! The best part is that I am not using this as an excuse today to eat more. I know I say it's not about the number on the scale, but how I look/feel, but I still get on the scale almost every morning. Although I did look at myself nekkid in the mirror before my run, and things seem to be looking better there too!

And, if I'm lighter, it stands to reason that I will run faster, right?

~a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say a quick hello. I've been so busy setting up my own blog that I haven't been able to spend quality time with other folks'. But soon I hope--I'm eager to dive more deeply into yours. Peace...