Friday, April 07, 2006

Derailments and Daylight Savings

It's been quite a week.

I feel like a bit of a failure, actually.

It started out pretty well - Ran 6 miles on Saturday, was pretty successful in my eating out and party food on Saturday evening, went home at a "decent" hour to get some sleep, so I could get in a good run on Sunday.

Then Sunday came. I should know better. I need to get my ass in gear and run before I do anything else. I did something else. Stayed in bed with Eric, reading the newspaper. Got hungry. Made breakfast for the both of us (Core all the way for me). Cleaned the bathroom, actually got out an old toothbrush to clean around the sink faucet. Washed the bathroom rugs. The bathroom looked beautiful. Moved on to the kitchen. The kitchen looked beautiful. Started on some paperwork, and time went completely awry. After that was dinner making. And then it was just too late to go running, because I had to pack, and there way Sunday TV that needed to be watched...

Monday, I did drag my buns out of bed and went for a run in the morning before going to work. Got into work, expecting to spend some time in the office, then I was going to travel to my destination for the evening (the Dells) so I would have time to prep for the training I was going to do on Tuesday. And then, I was told I needed to go to a derialment in North Dakota. Derailments are not a time when you can eat healthy. You eat what they bring. And of course for all of the MALE workers, they have things like chips, and hamburgers. And you are in a field in the middle of ND, almost wanting to eat your arm off, and you have no food, other than the stuff they are providing. Then I was at the site until about 11:30pm, then had to drive to the hotel (35+ minutes away) to get 4-5 hours of sleep, so I could be back to the site.

Derailments and daylight savings really contribute to some good sleep deprivation. So Tuesday I did not run. Wednesday, I did not run. I was too tired to get out of bed in the morning, and had meetings with my boss and others, then errands to run in the evening, ended up getting home at 9:30pm.

Thursday, much of the same, early meetings that lasted until 4:30, the same time I was supposed to be meeting with my financial planner along with my husband. Got to that meeting, was there until 6:30, then home to eat and deal with some Jaycee paperwork.

And, I did not get out of bed early this morning, either. I am becoming a slug. So far this week, if you count Saturday, I have run 11 miles. My milage for the week should be around 35.

Big sigh.

I just need to quit making excuses. A body at motion, tends to stay in motion. A body at rest, tends to stay at rest. We talked about that at WW on Saturday. I LIKE the runner's high. And, I know I need to get up in the morning and run. That's all there is to it. Next week is a new week. I will do better. I have to.

No comments: