Monday, May 22, 2006

A week in review

Well, not quite a week, but close enough!

A funny thing happened to me at Jaycee convention... well, actually several funny things happened that weekend - this one was one that stands out. I was wandering around on Friday night, after getting in rather late, and the theme this year is "Catch the Wave". So of course the socializing that evening was a "beach party" theme. I was wering a silk flower lei that I had gotten somewhere. My friend, Paul, sees me in the hallway, looks at my chest (or in that vicinity) and asks "Where did you get those?" I, being me, replied, while cupping my "girls", "I've had them all of my life." Yep, you would think that he would know better, since we have worked many an hour together at the Renaissance Festival. There were even several witnesses to his embarassment. And, of course, I won't let him forget that one!

So moving on... I am feeling much better, thanks for asking. I ended up going back to my hotel on Wednesday evening last week, and staying in for the entire evening. I like the hotel I was staying at, because they do a "happy hour" with appetizers, so I did not have to go out and find something to eat. I made use of the veggies and dip, and some Gardettos. I know, an extremely healthy dinner, but I was satisfied, and did not stuff myself - and avoided going to a restaurant for a dinner that I was not hungry for.

Thursday, I did get up and run on the treadmill before my meeting. Even though the calibration on the hotel's treadmill is still off, I went for a time rather than a milage. I needed to start somewhere. I could even breathe rather normally. The meeting on Thursday lasted quite a bit longer than I really wanted - I was hoping that I might be able to see my parents on my way through, and get some healtier food at their house, but I decided I would rather get home. So when I started getting a bit hungry, I stopped for some fast food. Yep. But, I thought about it, and got the grilled chicken, and since I wanted something sweet, I got a small strawberry shake. I got the bag of food, pulled back on the freeway, and discovered that they had put fries in my bag, even though I had not ordered them. Thought to myslef "Bastards!" while shoving a fry into my mouth. I then had a talk with myself. I did not order fries, so even if they were in the bag, I did not have to eat them. I unwrapped my chicken sandwich, and ate that. Slowly. Put the chicken wrappings in the bag, and started sipping on the shake. Did that until I felt full. I crunched up the top of the food bag, and set it away from myself, and had one or two more sips of the shake and was done. Eric was quite suprised that I brought him home more than half of a strawberry shake, and a full carton of fries. I think I actually dealt with that situation quite well.

Friday was a nice evening. Eric and I got ready and went out for a "date." We drove to downtown Minneapolis, and had a lovely dinner on the sidewalk of the Local, an Irish pub. It was so great sitting out and people watching, and enjoying the company of my husband. I had been gone travelling for way too long. We then did something that Eric wanted to check out. I'm almost embarassed to say what we did, but we went to the "Sexpo" at the convention center. It was pretty lame, actually. He did not know what to expect, and I was not expecting much... there were a lot of shopping displays that you could have found at one of the local stores, and a floor show that I felt, highlighted how desperate some people were. We stopped at one booth that was doing chair massages for $1 a minute, so I got a 10-minute massage. It was more of a teaser than anything. Quite sad. Ususally when I tell people that they need to really dig in, they believe me, this was more like a little fluff and buff. When I told him to go deeper into the knots, he did not quite beleive me. And then he asked when I was going to make an appointment for a full hour. Can we say "not"? Both Eric and I agreed that it was a waste of money. Oh well, now we know better.

Saturday was spent at the house getting things ready for the shower we were hosting on Sunday, and I also moved the computer into my office upstairs. Now that my stepson is gone, we are working on orgainizing the upstairs rooms into an office and a guest bedroom. I will be excited to get everything more organized.

Sunday, I got myself motivated to go for a run. 5 miles. I only walked for about 3 minutes, and only once. Not bad for the 3 previous weeks of non-exercise. June 17th will be coming upon me very soon, and I need to get some endurance if I am going to do the half marathon in any sort of decent time. I think at this point if I beat last year's time, I will be happy.

This morning, I also got in another 5 miles. It went pretty well, even if it was a bit cold this morning. My goal is to run every day this week. It does not appear that I am traveling, so I should be able to do it. I have even asked Eric to kick me out of bed in the morning - which he did this morning. Good thing too, as I have a tendancy to not get up and exercise on Monday mornings...

And that's about the excitement of my life!

~a

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

You went to Sexpo! I am so impressed / jealous! ;-) I was in the booming town of Beloit, WI this weekend... no sexpo for me.

And I love the Local.

And I can't believe you did not eat FREE FRENCH FRIES. Way impressive.

~Jess