Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

It's about time to clear out of my office, and head for the airport.

I have a lunch packed: Some guacamole I made last night with very ripe avacado, ff sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, and some salsa salsa (a tastefully simple product), some baked whole wheat tortillas chips (baked them last night), apple, orange, ww yogurt, and some water. I also packed some granola bars, but those are to stash in my bag this week so I won't end up wanting to eat my arm in my meetings when they don't give us healthy snacks at breaks.

I put it in my lunch tote. As I was getting ready to leave, I realized I had a small paring knife in the front of the bag. Thank goodness, scene at airport security avoided! (Thanks Snackie for your story... it made me think a bit more!)

I did not write about what happened to me on Friday night... I think it's kind of funny. I came home after my Jaycee function to find the side door open with Eric's keys in the door. I wasn't sure what was going on, so I wandered around my house with the phone in my hand, to make sure there was not anyone there. I got into the bedroom, and I noticed that the suitcase that Eric had packed was still sitting there. Yes, my darling husband forgot to bring his suitcase on his weekend fishing trip. It's not like when you forget to pack underwear, but to forget your whole suitcase? I called him on Saturday morning, and asked "Did you leave in a hurry or something?" and I also asked how long I got to make fun of him for this stunt. He said "well, probably forever!"

Silly absentminded man!

With that, I am off to the Park and Jet.
~a

No comments: