Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Death on Toast

Well, that's how I felt yesterday. My mother agreed that I looked like I was not feeling so well. I hate being sick. (cough, hack, sneze)

Evil cold.

I had a bit of a sore throat on Sunday as I was puttering around the house, getting geared up for another week of travel. I was almost in tears thinking about leaving again. It is so tiring and frustrating trying to get my crap together when I am not home to do it. And yes, on Sunday there was stuff in the sink that had been there since the previous Tuesday. And, I could tell that nobody had wiped down the kitchen counters since I had been gone (Tuesday through Sunday). I called Eric out on that - I told him this is why we are having ant problems. I also told him that if he kills/squishes an ant, he needs to remove the carcas, as dead ants are really disgusting to find on the kitchen counter at random intervals.

Monday, the cold attacked with a vengance. I had to go into the office, but tried to stay to myself most of the time, and ended up going home a bit early to veg on the couch, under several blankets. I had not eaten much for most of the day (was not hungry) so when I got home, I was doing the lightheaded low blood sugar walk... so I made a couple of sandwiches, ate some cookies, then made myself a smoothie. Thankfully that took care of the problem. I also decided that I would not leave on Monday eve, rather I would get up and go in the morning to my meeting that was being held about 2 hours away - and started at 7:30 am. Eric actually went to the grocery store with the list I put together, and did a pretty good job. The only issue was that he expected me to put the groceries away. That ended when I fell over trying to put something on the lower shelf in the refrigerator... and was just feeling too weak to get up without help.

Got up Tuesday, finished packing, and got on the road. Later than I expected, but they were fine with when I got there - I had a section to present, and it was to be done later in the meeting. After lunch, I left and drove to my parent's house, where my mom told me I looked terrible. So, I crawled into their guest bed, and slept for 3 hours. I guess I needed it.

And of course, I have not run. Hard to run when you cannot breathe. And when you feel like crap. And when you barely have strength to stand up after sitting in a chair for a bit. Could I whine any more?

Needless to say, I don't feel 100%, but thankfully I am feeling better today than I have been. I am working on materials I need to present for my meeting tomorrow morning. In Valley City, North Dakota. Such a glamorous job with exotic locales...

I am going to see if I can get motivated to walk or run on the treadmill at the hotel this evening. Should be a pretty low-key night. I might even get to watch Alias - even though I am also recording it at home. I finally figured out how to record stuff with the timer (we've had the DVD recorder since January).

And I'm off to read about critical task analysis.

~a

No comments: