Friday, May 05, 2006

Fantastic Friday

Much as I did not want to get out of bed this morning... I was feeling a bit sluggish, because I got to sleep later than I like... but I did it anyway, and put on my running gear. Procrastinated a bit more by kissing my husband who was waking up, then got myself motivated to get outside.

It was a lovely crisp morning, and I had dressed perfectly for the temperature. I got my music going, and started out at a slow jog. I was thinking about running my 3-mile route. But, it was such a great morning, I ended up doing the 5-mile route. Not what I had planned last night, which was 7, but not bad. It was such an invigorating run. Everything felt right, and the time passed by pretty quickly. When I got back to the house, and clicked off my stopwatch, it told me I had done it in 50:53. And it put me in such a good mood this morning. It might be overcast outside, but I feel alive and happy here!

I finished an interesting book last night. I picked it up on my last visit to the library. The title was "SAHM I Am". It was kind of a different style of writing, as it was all e-mail messages to and from a group of women on an e-mail loop. It was entertaining, and engaging. When I first started reading it, I was not sure that I was going to like it, or to be able to keep the characters straight, but I ended up really enjoying it. One of the characters went through an upheaveal in her life, and needed to find a place to stay, and four of her close friends that she only knew through e-mail, each offered her a place to stay at their homes. It makes me think about some of the friendships I have made through blogging, and reading people's blogs.

Eric is gone all weekend, so I am planning on getting some stuff done around the house - laundry, cleaning, perhaps some yardwork. I am in Calgary most of next week, so it all needs to get done before I leave. And the backyard needs to get shaped up someting fierce - we are having a couple's shower on May 21st. We went to Menard's last night, and purchased some resin chairs to replace the ones that Eric destroyed by dropping a tree branch on them. Sheared the arms of the entire stack. We also got a rectangular resin table. That way we can set out more stuff, and be able to sit at the patio table.

We also had a discussion about money last night, which I think went over okay. I made my point quite clearly, and Eric seemed to be pretty receptive. We are both on "allowances" which means that we have a set amount of money that we get each week. I have been saving, Eric has been spending... which is fine, until he wants to do somethig that reqires more money than what he gets each week. I told him that where we want to be is to save up some money for those larger events, rather than always playing catch-up. Makes sense to me. And now, I think he sees my point. Let's hope he remembers it!

Anyway, my coffee cup is empty. Must. Go. Refill.

~a

No comments: