Friday, May 26, 2006

Some things I realized on my run this morning

  1. When it's warm I need to remember not to start out too quickly
  2. Get up earlier if I want ot get in more miles
  3. sleeping husbands are distracting... I just wanted to kiss his neck and snuggle rather than running
  4. The running bras work better when they are dried in the drier, rather than hung to dry (I read I should do this in Running magazine)
  5. When I start out too fast, I end up having my left calf cramp.
  6. Stretching the calf repeatedly and running slowly is the only way to get rid of the cramp.
  7. I thought quoting movie lines as blog titles would be fun - but I really know lines from only a few movies, and that gets dull pretty quickly, and ends up being no fun.
  8. I would rather run in the rain than in high humidity. It was quite humid and nasty this morning.
  9. I ran 4 miles this morning - If I add another 9, that would be a half marathon.
  10. I need to stick to spandex running shorts, whenever I wear the floppy nylon shorts they annoy me by riding up
  11. I covered the distance in 42 minutes, even though I stopped, stretched and walked some. I definately started too fast!
  12. I'm going to run my race on the 17th, and not let things beyond my control influence my actions. I'm a big girl, and I can run by myself.
  13. If I don't want to carry my digital music player, I can put it under my ballcap. Why did I not think of that before?
  14. Getting up and running, as hard as it is to get motivated, is totally worth it when you are done!

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

Woohoo!
I didn't run, but I got up and walked 90 minutes today - so nice out and so relaxing and therapeutic, I didn't even bring my iPod. Just me, the paths, my thoughts, and a few bunnies and ducks along the way!