Monday, May 08, 2006

Another weekend of good intentions

And that's just what it turned in to. Intentions. No good follow-through.

I made an appointment for my friend to come over at 10am on Saturday morning, she wanted some Mary Kay, and I am going to alter a couple of pieces of clothing for her. I figured that would give me plenty of time to get up and run then get ready. Not so much. I woke up, then snoozed in bed for a bit, and next thing I knew it was 9:15.

Then I thought I would meet my friends for a quick drink at noon, then go home and get stuff done. I had such a good time sitting on the patio, and catching up with my friends, I did not make it home in the afternoon. By the time we had dinner, I figured I would just go and meet some other folks at another bar to watch them sing karoke. I got home at 1:15.

So Sunday was a day to sleep in, and to nap. I got myself motivated to do stuff around the house somewhere around 2:30 in the afternoon. Once I got going, I was fine, but I still did not go out and run. I need to do that. Two weeks of slacking is not good. I was doing so well, and now look at me. And with all of the mindless eating and adult beverages, the scale is back up again.

I leave for Calgary tomorrow morning, and will be there until Friday. I am hoping that there are some good places to go running from the hotel, or that they actually have a decent exercise room. It's a hotel that I have not stayed at before, but from what I hear, there is a path that goes by there that I can hop on to run.

Why is it that I do well, then I sabotage myself?

Wish me luck for the week!
~a

No comments: