Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Ice Cream

Why do I love you so much? You are cold, and creamy, and sweet, yet you don't last very long, and when you are gone out of my dish, I just want more.

We hosted a wedding shower for a couple of friends of ours last Sunday in our back yard. It was an Ice Cream Social theme. And since we purchased the ice cream, we kept the ice cream. It is now in our downstairs freezer, calling my name. Well, I suppose it does not talk, but I definately know it is there. Monday, I went for the vanilla, and added some rootbeer to make myself a rootbeer float. Yesterday, I went for the chocolate, and had that with marshmello sauce on top of it. I guess my only redemption is that I refrained from going for a second serving - told myself I was limited to water for the rest of the night - which worked.

The issue is, it is still in my house. And I know I won't just dump it, because that is wasteful, and I know at some point my husband will eat it.

Moving on. Went for a run this morning. It was 65 degrees when I left the house at 5:30. Quite a difference from the 40 degrees it was on Sunday morning! It was actually a pretty nice morning for a run, there were quite a numeber of people around Phalen. I walked a couple of times and sipped some water, but I completed 7 miles this morning in 1 hour and 14 minutes. I can live with that. I just need to be able to double it. That's what the next couple of weeks will bring, working on my endurance. I want to be able to run most of the half marathon. Or all of it, with the exception of walking through some of the water stations. My pep talk of late has been "gut it out, you know you can do it... it's just a mind game!"

And I definately wore the wrong outfit today. I thought I would wear something spring-like, since it is going to be another nice day outside. I should know better - my cubicle is always cold. So I am here in my cute outfit of a jean skirt, sandals, and a sleevless shirt, wearing a jacket, and I have my wool blazer over my legs, drinking coffee to stay warm. I really wish they could figure out how to regulate the temperature here.

On that note, I am off to grab another cup of coffee. MMMMM, I love coffee.

~a

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, ice cream is my sweet, sweet nemesis. So lovely and creamy and cold...

I found that Breyer's Carb Smart chocolate and chocolate with peanut butter are pretty darn yummy. They're the only ones I've found that are sweetened with Splenda that get even close to real ice cream. It satiates my cravings pretty well. I don't understand why the Breyer's Sugar Free with Splenda doesn't taste as good, but it doesn't. I have to get the Carb Smart or it's no dice.

Voix said...

Expecially Ice Cream from Izzy's.

I've totally blogrolled you, darling. Your blog is great!