Monday, January 23, 2006

Hurry up and wait

That's exactly how I felt today - headed out of the office to get to court for the morning break, yet they did not put me on the stand until after lunch. And my testimony only took 15 minutes, then I was out of there.

Okay, so my company is being sued by someone who fell out of his chair. Saying that he cannot do his job anymore because he can't do it left-handed. Wants to get settled out of service. When we were doing the trial preparation, our council told me that if we lost the case she was going to quit because she did not deserve to be a lawyer.

I did get a nice compliment today though - the paralegal saw me at the cafeteria writing down my salad bar salad in my points tracker, lettuce, a smidge of cheese, sprouts, mushrooms, turkey, chick peas and low-fat french dressing, and asked me about weight watchers... she said that she never thought of me in that way, and said that if she was going to describe me to someone, she would have described me as thin. Made my whole day.

Yesterday at bowling, my partner (who had not been able to make the last date, and we only bowl every other week) told me that I looked like I had lost weight. That also made my day. I might not be down a lot in pounds, but I have been hitting the exercise pretty heavy, so I am firming up things, it appears.

And I did make it to the 5am spinning class this morning. Looks like I will be traveling most of this week, so I need to figure out what I am going to do for exercise, since one of the places I am going has the sucky exercise room that I griped about a couple of weeks ago.

And now begins the countdown: 19 DAYS UNTIL MY CRUISE!!!! (now that's really a case for hurry up and wait....)

Make it great!
~a

No comments: