Friday, January 20, 2006

No room at the Inn?

I got the last bike on Wednesday at the spinning class, I was glad that I had gotten there 10 minutes early for the class - there were two people that showed up after me that could not participate. And I asked the instructor about the heart rate thing, and she said that it is a guideline and that it could be off by as much as 10 bpm, so I think I am in about the right range when I exercise.

I have the day off today, so I can do prep for my party tonight. I was planning on getting up this morning to go to spinning again, but I was SOOOOOO tired, I could not face the 4:30 am alarm. I ended up getting up around 6am to help Eric load coolers to get ice from work, and then I made some tidbits for the party. Pepperoni pinwheels and mini dogs in blankets. Then I went and picked up my co-worker to take him to the airport, and from there headed to go to a WW meeting, because there is no way I would fit it in tomorrow. I was down 1.8. Yay. The bathroom scale this morning said that I was in the 170's, so that made me pretty happy. I just need to keep it up. The goal is to have the bathroom scale tell me 175 or less before I go on the crusie. That makes 3 weeks to loose 4 pounds or so. I know I can do it, and saying it here makes me a bit more accountable.

It was kind of an interesting meeting this morning. The leader was okay, but she definately is not on par with my usual leader, Corky. Cork - if you are reading this, you completely rock!

I think the interesting part was that there were a number of people there that were new, starting over, or it was not there usual meeting. One of the people down the row from me was a Gustavus student, doing an internsip for J-term in Minneapolis. She said that she ususally went to a meeting in St. Peter, but was going to this meeting to keep up with the program. It really makes me wonder where I would be, weight wise, if I had actually started with the program when I was in college. I know I gained about 60 lbs in the 4 years I was there. Cafeteria food and lots of weekend parties, stress eating, and no exercise will do that to you. If I would have had better habits earlier in life, what would have happened?

I don't know, I guess everything happens for a reason. I probably would not be at the place that I am right now, if things had not happened as they did. Kind of a Sliding Doors kind of theory. What would happen if just one small thing changed, like missing the earlier train, with that 20 minutes your whole life could be completely changed.

Anyway, I need to clean house for 75-100 people to come over. Wish me luck!
Anneke

No comments: