Sunday, January 22, 2006

"Hi Honey!"

So you need to be careful what you say when someone walks in the door.... I was in the kitchen, cleaning up (finally) some dishes from the party, and I hear someone come in the back door. I call out "Hi Honey!" since I knew Eric was going to be home soon, and I hear Curt (stepson) say "what did you just say?" So of course I repeated it... he asked if he had to be honey. Wondered if he could be brown sugar or maple syrup, since he really likes maple syrup better than honey... Actually I think it was rather amusing, even though it was a little embarassing at the time.

So we had a hell of a party on Friday. I figure all told we had somewhere between 80 and 90 people here througout the evening. My friend told me that it was the best house party that she had ever been at, and she is known for hosting fabulous parties. It was a lot of fun, there were people in the living room, in the rec room, in the laundry room, in the kitchen, in the dining room, and sitting at the table downstars playing cards. Pretty much all of the food got eaten, the Glug was drank, and most of the keg was consumed. And, at about 1:30 when I was getting really tired, the people left were all good friends of mine, so I just told them to "get out already".

I was even too busy running around that I did not eat all that much at the food table.

Anyway, I wanted to do a short update while I had time, but I am off to get my Desperate Housewives fix.

Wish me luck in court tomorrow!
Anneke

No comments: