Thursday, January 12, 2006

Time flies

Man, hard to believe so much time has gone by since I last posted. Hopefully some of you missed me! (feel free to comment....)

Well, let's see, since we last saw our hero, she was on her way to North Dakota, to make this world a kinder and safer place. Well, maybe we will just say safer. Safety Plan rollouts last week.... Fun and excitement and lots of questions from people who were just not getting it.

I really hate when people get an idea fixed in their head, and refuse to change what they are thinking, even when you explain and explain and explain, and don't listen to what you are telling them. Yes we are having two days of annual safety training. No they are not both in the classroom, and they are not consecutive days. So they say that it is not two days of training. Well, yes, yes it is, two days of training - just the second day (which is I repeat NOT the day after the classroom training) is out in the field with the trainer coaching the employees. Yes it will be recorded as day 2 of the safety training. I know, semantics, but it DRIVES ME NUTS WHEN PEOPLE DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT I AM SAYING!

Okay, end of that rant.

So Last week, Thursday, I stopped by my mother's house with dress in tow. She helped me with pinning the skirt hem, and where I needed to put the button holes in the back of the bodice, and then I used her FABULOUS machine to make the button holes, then sewed on the buttons. I got home at about 9:30 in the evening. Friday, another day of rollouts, then I actually made myself a wonderful dinner that I need to brag about: Stir fried brussel sprouts and cauliflower with garlic and onion. OMG was it good. I was planning on eating half, but ended up eating the whole thing. I added a bit of sesame oil, and teriaki sauce, and cooked it in my mini wok until the cauliflower was tender. Of course, Eric did not want to be around me later that evening - what is it about veggies that gives you gas (I know TMI)

So after that, I went and picke up Eric from the happy hour he was at, and we went to try and find a place that he had bought a tuxedo from several years ago, because he had grown out of it. To make a long story short, the neighborhood had changed significantly in the years since he had been there, and we were not able to find it. What is it about men that they refuse to do anything until the last minute. Ummmm let's see, we are going to a store, and I don't remember where it is. Let's just drive around for a while, instead of trying to look it up before hand. We ended up finding a K&G in that area where we did, in fact, find him a tuxedo.

Bought it, went home, I sat down with my skirt to complete the hem. Since I figured even if I machine stiched the hem, I would have to hand tack the edges, that I would just do it by hand. It took me almost 2 1/2 hours to do the hem. Then to bed at 12:30.

Up on Saturday morning, went to weigh in, went to Southdale to get my nails done, and since I had to wait, I went into this store that was going out of business: "The Fun Shop" where everything was 70% off. I scored a couple of small things for my nieces, and a lava lamp for $12, and a pair of red cat-eye contact lenses for $18. I was psyched! I think I need to go back to see if I can get another pair of a different style... So then it was home, into the shower, pinning Eric's pants to hem them - tuxedos don't come hemmed, in case you did not know, pressed my skirt, and ran out the door to my hair appointment. Back from my hair appointment, home to get ready, gathering what I needed for running the silent auction I was coordinating, then Eric drove me over to the facility to drop me off with stuff. Yep, Saturday was busy.

The auction went very well, everything sold. All of the proceeds are going to support this really cool charity, Caring Bridge. And my dress was a complete success. I even had someone I did not know compliment me on the dress, so you know it looked good! I will have to attach some photos once I get them downloaded on the home computer.

Sunday was bowling. I actually did not do completely crappy. 111, 89, 106. Always happy when I bowl over 100. After that, we went to meet with the group of people that are going on the cruise in February. I am soooooooo looking forward to that!

This week is also flying by. I have not been in the office to speak of until today.

Tuesday I met with the lawyer that would like to have me testify at a case that is going to trial next week. I would like to rant further on that, but I can save that for later - I feel it is bad karma to say any more at this point. I also had a phone interview on Tuesday, that I don't know if it went as poorly as I think... but we will see. They are looing for someone who has supervisory experience, which I don't have professionally, but I have headed many projects for the Jaycees that involved directing people - and really, doing that with volunteers can be MUCH harder than if you are doing it with direct reports... you really can't discipline a volunteer. They said they would let me know by the end of the week, but I am not holding my breath.

No other words of wisdom from me now. Perhaps I will have more mussings later, after I go home.

Make it a great one!
-a

No comments: