Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Ground Zero

Yesterday morning, a friend and I were planning on going for a 3-mile run. She called me about half an hour before we were going to meet - it was RAINING and about 33 degrees. Running in the rain is not my idea of fun. Running in Cold rain is to be avoided like the plague. Therefore, I did not go running yesterday.

Instead, Eric and I went out to breakfast - I ordered oatmeal instead of the eggs benedict I considered - then we ran some errands. Returned the second copy of Alias season 4, and then bought ourselves a DVD recorder. Then went to Kohl's to return a pair of earrings (I did not realize they were clips when I bought them) and to use my Kohl's cash, I bought some really cool ribbon placemats.

Then it was home. Put away the Christmas decorations and the tree, cleaned up the kitchen, folded some laundry, and ate way too much leftover christmas candy, and two (yes two) grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. Put together most of the skirt for my outfit, just need to finish hand-stitching the waistband, and then it needs to be hemmed.

Today I am leaving to go to ND for a couple of days, safety plan rollouts with all of the track guys (have I mentioned that I work for a railroad?) and I have packed exercise clothes. Stuff if they have an exercise room, and stuff if they don't and I need to run outside. Took my dress also, hopefully I can stop by mom's house on Thursday, and have her help me out with the buttons on the back of the top, and to hem the skirt.

No other musings, or words of wisdom/inspiration... just the ramblings of another day.

~a

No comments: