Monday, January 30, 2006

As time flies by....

Geez, not sure when I last posted. It was a bit of a crazy week.

I did lots of driving to safety meetings (to Lacrosse, WI, Portage WI, and Winona MN), and in the middle of all of that, went to book club. Friday Eric and I drove to Wilmar, MN to the MN State Jaycees convention, and there was much socializing there!

I went to weigh in on Friday at a different meeting place. They talked about what you can do to exercise... they talked about workout tapes, stretchy bands, mall walking... and I felt so out of place - I wanted to jump up and tell them that I had gone to a spinning class that morning. An hour and 15 minutes of great sweating. Or that I like to spend some good quality time running on the treadmill, or weather permitting, running outside. But, since I didn't know anyone, I kept my big mouth shut. Really, what can you expect from a Friday noon meeting? A lot of older ladies and SAHM's. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but they are just not my type, if you know what I mean!

The reason I went to Friday WI (oh and I was up .6...) was that I was going to be busy in Wilmar all weekend with the convention. I competed in a writing competition, and in a debate competition. Did not place in the writing, but the team I was on for Debate, won the whole competition. The kicker is, I cannot go to National Convention and compete, because I went last year (and got beaten in the first round by the team that won overall.) This has both it's good and bad points. Good: I don't need to be worried about going to convention, which will be about $750 or so at least, and I don't need to burn a week of vacation time. Bad: I feel like I am letting my team down. If I knew that I was not going to be able to compete at national, I would not have offered to fill in for this competition, and the person I subbed for is not able to go to national either, because of finances.

Funny story: on the way to convention this weekend, driving down the road, Eric pointed out a sign that said "hiefers for sale". I told him, no thanks, I was enough of a heifer as it is.... and he said.... absolutely nothing.... until I looked at him for aobout a minute and said "What???" then he piped up and said: "Of course you are not a heifer honey!" You toss him an easy one, and he totally swings and misses. I really was not serious, but just wanted to see what he would do.

Anyhoo, I can't remember what else I wanted to say, so I guess I will just have to save it for another time.

Cheers!
Anneke

No comments: