Sunday, January 01, 2006

Green

As in feeling a bit green around the gills as my mother likes to say.

Overindulged last night... the wine was just sliding down waaaaay to easy last night, and with Eric driving, I didn't feel like I needed to watch it, so of course I didn't. It was great seeing some people again, folks that I have not seen in a while - it was really nice to be able to catch up.

And I looked darn cute last night, if I do say so myself. If I actually get the pictures in my camera developed, I will have to get it posted on my picture site...

Today has been recovery.... and we got the computer disinfected, so I can actually post from home again. All is good with the world now. I am feeling more human, working on my dress, thinking about having a day off tomorrow to get lots done around the house. My SIL is bailed out of jail....

Yep, you read that right. As I joked with some people, I am thinking about getting a TiVo so I can tape soap operas to ensure that my life is not one.

My SIL, in her infinate wisdom, on Friday, decided she needed to try and shoplift a car battery from Wal-Mart. This got her arrested and put into jail. The thing is, she had taken her mother's car that was parked at their house (MIL and her hubby winter in Texas) to said store, and when she was arrested, the car remained in the parking lot of said store. Eric and I had to make the hour- long trip to get the car out of the parking lot and back into the garage, as we did not want it to get towed, and there is no insurance on the vehicle since it was supposed to remain parked in the garage until they returned in the spring. As Eric put the key in the front door of the house, a dog on the inside of the house started barking at him. My SIL had brought a friend there from Minneapolis, and he was stranded there. So, we took friend and Dog back to Minneapolis. I was a little concerned at first, large dogs and leather seats are not a good combination, but I was able to find a rug to put on the seat, and the dog was very well-behaved.

I just want to know how you would try to shoplift a car battery. The darn thing must weigh about 40#'s.

And no, this is not the same sister that keeps taking money from family. I keep asking Eric how he turned out so normal. He attributes it to the fact that he did not abuse drugs as a teenager. All the more reason to be thankful I was never interested in drugs - they can surely screw up your life in a big way. Talking to my mom, she says that's why parents get their kids involved in all sorts of extra-curricular activities, so they don't have the chance to get bored and try stuff, or to hang out with the 'wrong' crowd. Truly, truly frightening world we live in!

So today, Eric needed to go back to bail his sister out of jail. 4 hours in the car, and I don't know if it is over yet. The positive side might be that it kept her off the road on New Year's Eve. I guess she was pretty chagrined when Eric bailed her out. Serves her right. Not to be a bitch or anything, but if you do something truly stupid, there should be consequences.

On that note, I am going back to my dress!
~a

No comments: