Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Depressing news

Yep, it's official - they guy they offered the position to has decided not to take the job. He does not want to move to Chicago. I don't blame him, as I told him, he needs to do what is right for him, but it is still depressing. I have been covering for this open position since last July. Yep. For over a year. Bastads.

So it looks like I will be going to Chicago to take care of some things next week. Joy and exhaltation....

I'm trying to decide if I want to take Friday or Tuesday off... I really think I could use a massage. Friday, my parents will be in town (we are going to the fair on Thursday, then I am having a happy hour for my birthday on Friday), and Tuesday is my actual birthday. It's actually kind of depressing working on my birthday, so I think I might opt for Tuesday.

I got up and ran this morning. Yay me. I am out of town (in Superior) for work, and the hotel does not have an exercise room, but I still got up and hit the pavement. It is actually kind of weird - I grew up here. Sometimes I feel a bit nervous in cities, especially at 5:30 in the morning, but today was not bad. It also helped that out of the 5 cars that went by me on the darker streets, 2 of them were police cars. I ran for about 32 minutes, so I figure it was around 3 miles. I am running a 5K on Saturday morning, and don't want to totally embarass myself.

So I am seriously thinking about training for a marathon. In February. In Tampa Bay. My parents winter there, so I would go and stay with them, and I could run. I need the push/incentive to get my rear out of bed in the morning to run, and as you probably know from reading my blog, 5K's are really not any incentive anymore. My attitude is: "It's only 3 miles. That's nothing." And I know it's a deal for some. But just not for me.

I also renewed my driver's licence this week. And yes, I lied about the weight. But not by much. I put down 180. I'm somewhere around 187. I hope to make the number a lie by being too much. The old licence said 160. That would be nice. Thus, the plan to train for a marathon. I did go to two WW meetings, and maintained at the second meeting from the first. And I tried to be good, and write everything down, and stay within my points (okay, so I went over) . And the next week, when I wasn't so anal, on my scale at home, I still maintained. (Didn't go to the meeting the 3rd week.) It's depressing. And yet, I continue to make poor food choices. And I am going to the state fair tomorrow.

Yeah, I know. Excuses, excuses. What do I want? To be in better health, to feel good about my appearance, or to eat anything I want. I want both. I want it to be easy. And nothing good is really easy. I just have to rember that.

On that note, I am getting hungry, so I need to get something healthy before I start wanting to eat absolutely everything in sight.

onward
~a

2 comments:

JessiferSeabs said...

Cripes. My old license said 160 and I was 250. HA! Talk about denial.

I vowed that i would not lie on my next license, yet my birthday is in a month... I just got the renewal slip in the mail.

Sigh.

AnnekeS said...

I guess if it is 10 or 15 pounds off, you are supposed to get it changed. But what do you do if you are pregnant?

At least they don't make you step on the scale at the DMV...