Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Let's all go to the great state fair

It is starting... 12 nights of sleeping by myself.

Yep, Eric is working overnights again. He drives around at night, taking care of the garbage at the assorted Park and Rides that are used by the fair goers. His shift is from 6pm until 7am. It really sucks, 'cause I pretty much don't get to see him. Makes me wonder how people who work different shifts on a regular basis can live with "passing each other in the night" or so to speak. At least he will be bringing in a bit of overtime money, which is always welcome.

So at work, they have finally hired someone to fill the position like mine in the Chicago Service Area. He is here this week, trying to get some oreientation, and up to speed on things. But.... he came in this morning (day 3 of the job) telling me that he thinks he is going to turn down the position. It just does not make sense to him financially... he is not going to sell his house, and relocate his wife who has a good job, to move to Chicago, and he lives 150 miles away from where his office would be, and if he rented an apartment, he would pretty much be making less money than he is now, 'cause there are no cheap apartments in Chicago. Well, there are, but I would be scared to live there.

We talked to the boss, and he said he was going to see if there was a way to headquarter him somewhere closer to his house, so when he has to be in Chicago for meetings, etc, he can expense a hotel (as the company would be saving serious $$$ by not having to give him a relocation package). It's a postion that has a lot of travel involved, computer work, and conference calls, but I'm not sure that the Service Area Managers would like having him not officed where they are. So it's seeming like I am alone in the game once again.

It was so close, and now it seems like it is so far.

It really sucks.

Damn fucking reorganization crap.

How do I really feel?

On anoter note, I got to visit one of my favorite/dangerous stores yesterday, and I scored a set of Queen size 500 thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets. For $39.90. And they are completely fantastic. 16" deep, with elastic around the whole fitted sheet. They fit over our fat mattress, with the memory foam pad, with extra to spare. As one of my friends tells me - "It's just not a bargain if Anneke can't tell you about it!"

That's my story, and I am sticking to it. Send positive thoughts my way, so we can keep this person on board in his position. I want the nightmare to end. Make the lambs stop screaming.

~a

2 comments:

JessiferSeabs said...

Um, scuze me... share the love, sister. Where did you find those sheets?!?!!be?

AnnekeS said...

PPL shop in Northeast Minneapolis. An evil and wonderful place, all at the same time!