Monday, August 14, 2006

Too much of a good thing?

As I was driving last week, I was listening to a lot of public radio... it engages the mind and makes the miles seem to go faster.

So in one of the stories, they talked about was too much water. There really is such a thing as too much of a good thing, and it does not mean desert. I found it kind of interesting. Especially the part where they said that caffeine gets a bad reputation for dehydrating you. But, that's not actually the case. Yes it makes you pee, but if you were ingesting that amount in plain water, it would do the same thing for you. So I guess I should not feel as guilty about the 2-3 cups of coffee I drink at work each morning. Except for the fact that my doctor says that it hinders the absorption of calcium, which is definately important in women...

Well, I did as I said I would, I went to a WW meeting on Saturday. I suppose it could have been worse. Now I just want it to be better! I need to treat it as a shiny new toy again. I was actually pretty good on Saturday, I gave myself 5 extra points for the day, since I dontaed blood, and I did not dip into any of my flex. And I had a very relaxing, tv-watching, doing a lot of nothing day.

Sunday was another matter. I slept until about 9:30, then I got up and started doing some stuff around the house. Laundry, kitty litter cleaning, (washing of hands, of course), some food prep for the book club I am hosting on Wednesday (check out the book), then Eric came home from being rained out while fishing. We decided to go out for some lunch - I had not had anything to eat yet... and we got to the restaurant at about 2:00. I was starting to feel a bit hungry at this point... if you can imagine! I did pretty well there, considering. Ate half of my sandwich. Had a cup of baked potato soup, some coleslaw, and about 6 fries. Felt extremely full, and stopped eating. After that, we ran some errands, and went home for a bit, before going to a friend's "happy hour" for his birthday. One large margarita, and a large beer, and chips and salsa, and then a trip to DQ for some ice cream later, I was about 23 points over for the day.

Remember: shiny new toy! I want to journal! (The good part is that I did track everything) I want to make like this is a new adventure, not just some place I have visited, and liked, but could not live there for longer than a few weeks. Eat to live, don't live to eat.

And there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. All things in moderation.

~a

No comments: