Friday, August 11, 2006

A weekend with no plans?

Time, blessed time - all to myself.

That's what I am going to have this weekend. And I think I need it. Life has been crazy nutso. But what else is new?

Last Friday, I left work early to go shopping. I needed to get food etc. for the party I was having at the house on Sunday. So, I went home and picked up the truck, and headed over to Trader Joe's. I made the find of the week there, I think... they are now making 100 calorie pack snacks - oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate graham cookies. Can we say yum? Picked up some other food stuff and 2 cases of wine. (for the party...) And I was doubly glad to have the truck instead of the car because a) it's an automatic and it was getting into rush hour and b) it's very BIG, and you can see everything in front of you in rush hour! Two more stores later, I was headed home to do some food prep.

So food menu for the party:
deli meats and cheeses for sandwiches (with buns)
marinated and grilled mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash and eggplant
cabbage salad with ramen
tuna noodle salad
hummus with veggies
shrimp with cocktail sauce
cucumbers in rice wine vinegar
cucumbers and onions mixed with sour cream
crackers

It was nummy, and pretty healthy too...

So why was I having a party? My stepdaughter got married on May 30th, and she and her husband were going to be in town, so I wanted to have the family meet them, so I threw a party. I sent out 25 invitations, and probably had about 30 or so people come through on Sunday. I think it went well. My sister came to the house on Saturday to help me straighten up, and to help prep the food. Thank goodness. She helped me keep some sanity.

And this whole week, pretty much, I have been traveling for work. I had a 3-day conference on Mon, Tues and Wed near Milwaukee, WI, then I needed to be at a meeting in Fargo on Thursday. After getting into the hotel on Wednesday evening at 10pm, then firing up the computer to do some work until midnight, knowing I needed to be on the road at 6am was quite fun... I was wondering how I had managed to start burning the candle in the middle, along with both ends!

But I have a weekend to destress. I have nothing planned. No committments that I have made, except maybe to myself.

I have decided that I need to get myself back to WW meetings. I need the accountability. And goodness knows I have not been doing it on my own. I am planning on going to a different center - one that will be closer to my house, so I will not have more excuses not to go.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.
~a

No comments: