Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's a Wednesday...

The menu for the evening, with me hosting book club is lovely. Makes me wish I had not used so many flex points on Sunday.

Appetizers:
Marinated grilled veggies and mushrooms
carrot spread (carrots, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, cumin)
cheese and crackers

Soup:
Chilled tomato

Main Course:
Pasta with sauce made with shrimp, roasted garlic, chard and tomatos
Bread with cheese, peppers and onions

Desert:
Lemon Curd Mousse with fresh raspberries

And I am looking forward to sitting on the patio with my girlfriends. I have not decided if I am going to drink wine or not. I am leaning towards not, just so I can use the points on food! Hey, this points thing still needs to be a shiny new toy!

So today at the office, I talked to one co-worker that I try to avoid talking to... she drives me a little crazy. She's one of those people who tries to complete your sentence for you. She hears you start the last word, and rushes to say it along with you. Okay, I know I have a tendancy to complete people's sentances myself, but I do it when people are pausing, searching for a word. I had an ex-boyfriend tell me that I needed to stop doing that. I guess he thought that his friend was thinking I thought her dumb, but I was just trying to be helpful. My co-worker, on the other hand I think does it to show that she is listening to what you are saying... but it is freaking annoying! If you are listening, don't speak!

And another co-worker is setting up a meeting, she's the new admin person here. I talked to her yesterday about it will be the same as the meeting last year, she just needs to find a meeting room and block off some rooms at the hotel. She came back to me today telling me that the list from last year (the attendees) was not complete, and that she needed an accurate accounting of who was going to be invited, so she could give the hotel the numbers. What about the message was I not communicating - plan for the same numbers as last year... so what if I don't have all of the exact names, it's two freakin' months away! I admit it, I raised my voice.

And they wonder why I go out in the field to get out of the office.

Blek.

Well, off to get more water and coffee - 0 points in those, and I am saving up for tonight!

~a

No comments: